• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone heard Trivium? Metal fans, come inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Wow, I'm blown away. I'm seeing them with Chimaira in a week and I bought their CD to see how they sounded. Metal at it's finest. The guitar work is excellent, the mix of singing and screaming is perfect.

I highly reccomend them to anyone who likes some good metal. I really haven't heard anything this genuinely metallish in quite some time. Awesome band. Reminds me of a more melodic, much screamier version of the old Metallica. Check 'em out.

soakrates

I'm listening to "If I Could Collapse the Masses" right now, and it's not bad, but it seems as though they have a tough time deciding if they want to be thrash or nu-metal. The screaming also doesn't do much for me. The vocalist sounds kinda like the half-whiny guy from Obituary.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
The thing that makes them totally not nu-metal in my book is all the solos and guitar work. Thrash seems like it could fit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom