• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Phil Spencer lost his Mind(share) with the Faithful?

Will Phil still be the head of Xbox on Jan 1, 2024?

• Total voters
There was an objection by MS lawyer and that's when it stopped and their point was made.

Why didn't you answer my question about Minecraft? How didn't they have a prior existing agreement before being acquired by MS?

If you're saying things during a trial then you're under oath.

Do you really think Phil didn't remember discussing exclusivity with Zenimax games? Or about future discussions about Elder Scrolls being exclusive?
FO76, Minecraft, COD and ESO all these games got existing communities on multiple platforms and MS will never make these game exclusives. Success of these games heavily depends on big online communities. All these games get constant update on PS.

Whereas new Single player games dont carry that baggage. ES Morrowind was exclusive to Xbox and PC, did it hurt PS2 sales? No. Oblivion was exclusive to XBOX 360 AND PC for 3 years, did it hurt PS3?

ES6 being exclusive will not hurt PS coz it has existing community plus we dont even know that its a current gen game or nextgen.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Netflix Icon GIF by Blown Away

best friends sport GIF by WWE

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
FO76, Minecraft, COD and ESO all these games got existing communities on multiple platforms and MS will never make these game exclusives. Success of these games heavily depends on big online communities. All these games get constant update on PS.

Whereas new Single player games dont carry that baggage. ES Morrowind was exclusive to Xbox and PC, did it hurt PS2 sales? No. Oblivion was exclusive to XBOX 360 AND PC for 3 years, did it hurt PS3?

ES6 being exclusive will not hurt PS coz it has existing community plus we dont even know that its a current gen game or nextgen.

They said in an email they're going to make future Zenimax games exclusive.

Right now you're just throwing bs at the wall and hoping it sticks.

This multiplayer excuse isn't going to work. Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76, and Minecraft are all existing games on the platform.

How many games did Microsoft release on PlayStation after the acquisition?

You guys think this MS and FO76 excuse works. LOL.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
It's comical at this point. Also, the person you are arguing with came out and said that their only concern is getting GP and saving money. I believe it was them in the big abk thread.
It's starting to become difficult to separate the users here.
The end result means nothing to them. Just hoarding games through a low price sub in the short term. Even if they're not paid they're bought.
It is. I can't see how adults think using this logic. It's crazy lol

Phil has being lying for years for MS. I still remember when he promised X1X would have VR. Worse is that the vast majority of legacy medias (like Eurogamer) have never denounced his lies or bullshit statements (when they were buying exclusives and lying about the timed exclusivity).

But he made plenty others lies along the years, all of them faithully printed by the corporate medias. This is why he has not being fired yet by MS because they know he would parjure himself if he has to.

ZoukGalaxy

Satoru Iwata was much bigger (he is dead for almost a decade and we still talk about him) everyone who work with him loved him, gamers love him, and when things go bad he always take responsability and took action, help other development teams even if it was not his job or was getting pay, avoid fire People and took bonus reduction of things go really bad

He is the proof being loved and full of honor always beat being ruthless
I miss him 😿
video games news GIF by NowThis

I fail to see how Phil Spencer is any worse than Jim Ryan (the backwards compatibility support Phil set up makes him so much better for gaming than Jim Ryan in my book). I don’t agree with Phil’s handling of exclusive content in terms of what exclusive content is coming out, but that’s more of an issue with those in his chain of command than Phil himself.

Plus, the internet has tried to convince itself that Reggie Fils-Aime was some brilliant CEO who had a passion for gaming, when clearly he had no respect the industry, so I’m not sure why I’m supposed to believe that Phil Spencer is a person of any less standing than whoever the internet decides to worship.

Last edited:
Lol his lies were always transparent. Sara bond? Lol she reeks of corporation
She may reek of corporation but MS is WOKE and replacing Phil with a woman of color would really make their wokeness shine even more. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that did happen by MS.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
She may reek of corporation but MS is WOKE and replacing Phil with a woman of color would really make their wokeness shine even more. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that did happen by MS.
Every single game on their last showcase starred a brave female anywany

Every single game on their last showcase starred a brave female anywany
Yes it did and only goes to show the direction they are going. The industry in general is trending this way in many cases. MS is all in on this and nothing would surprise me at this point from them.

MS execs seem to consistently fail upwards. So no, I think Phil's job is safe.

If anything he'll get promoted to the wider MS and Matt Booty will fail up to fill his role.

With the recent acquisition questioning period over and the information that has come to light, is it fair to question whether or not Phil Spencer has lost the trust of the faithful?

Furthermore, this cannot be the corporate look Satya Nadella (why does nobody have the username Satya Nutella?) is going for.

Will Phil Spencer still be Head of Xbox in 2024 or will he be a casualty?

For my part I would love Sara Bond in that role, but that’s purely for selfish reasons.
He'll be running Xbox until he decides to do something else he certainly won't be fired or replaced absolute nonsense. All this stuff is out of his hands and is mostly fluff blown way out of proportion by silly forum posters like you.

kyussman

I mean,he's full of shit,we all knew that....all execs are full of shit,we know that too....the thing with Spencer is he's always talking,so he ends up talking more shit than most.

Technically he's not the head of Xbox now. He's the head of Microsoft Gaming.
Xbox dudes have praised this dude, and he floated the idea of just going to mobile gaming. haha.
Phil sucks. The best games "he brought" to Xbox were the deals Donnie Mac already signed like Titanfall, KI, QB, SO, etc.

Top Bottom