• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3) coming to NA/EU in Aug (Retail/Digital, Demo Tues)

Etzer

Didn't they have a Vita demo recently? With a translated UI? Weird.

Good news for those who wanted this, but I prefer my rhythm games portable.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOI!!!

It's strange that they decided to bring this and never bothered to bring Valkyria Chronicles III. Well PSP might be the reason, but they should work on a HD trilogy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What's shocking isn't the fact the game is coming, sicne they already teased it.
But that it's coming at retail too, even if just in US.

Didn't they have a Vita demo recently? With a translated UI? Weird.

Good news for those who wanted this, but I prefer my rhythm games portable.

There was a "tech demo" for Project DIVA f (Vita) at last year's E3, simply labeled "Hatsune Miku", which I think must have just been a last minute substitution for something else that either got canceled or wasn't ready. Nothing ever came of it.

After reading this, there is no fuckin way they don't localize Yakuza 5.

Miku has a small but dedicated fanbase in the West that'll certainly want to get the game, and the games don't take much effort to localize. It's a small risk small reward move from Sega. Also Sega obviously are involved in vocaloids not solely for business reasons but also because they are genuine fans that want to spread the vocaloid love, which is why they were involved in all those concert stuff.

Yakuza 5 on the other hand would be a big project to localize, and the audience that'll get the game is a lot more ambiguous. It's a higher risk game to localize for a not so obvious reward.

Cheska

I was just talking to someone about importing this and they essentially talked me out of it and told me to wait. Glad I listened :D

Never bought a PSN game digitally. Is the price likely to be stupid?

Not that I'll have a choice being in the EU. I could import the disc, but I'd rather have my purchase count for my region.

Theonik

Never bought a PSN game digitally. Is the price likely to be stupid?

Not that I'll have a choice being in the EU. I could import the disc, but I'd rather have my purchase count for my region.
PSN prices match retail rrp which is either OK or very shit. (Ie, games retail for £40 in the UK but have an RRP of 50 which is the PSN price)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why no vita? :\
At least put the in-game one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3etLvCg0EM

The first time i played this song on the demo i was
puking-rainbows.jpg

People can't understand how amazing and colorful it looks on vita(especially the trucks and the coriander parts) without seeing it, colors are really amazing on dat oled!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
buying this does exactly what for my chances of a localized Yakuza 5?

Serious question.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Now that I think about it, if SEGA brings Hatsune Miku here, why shouldn't they bring Yakuza 5 too?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I'll be damned. & a demo next Tuesday as well! Rather surprised it's retail as well. Though I'm with others surprised that they demoed the Vita version, then release the PS3 one.

Now I just hope it's priced reasonably.

mollipen

As in, they should have done this years ago, or they should release a PSP game now?

I'm realistic about the situation, but the PS3 version of Extene is heaven on Earth. Fit it so you don't have to unlock everything via a PSP, and give us that game!

Or, give you that game. I already downloaded it with a Japanese point card. *heh*

This is fantastic news, I was introduced to the series last year with Project Diva f on the Vita and have since gone on to pick up the earlier titles and just can't get enough.

Those getting their first taste of Miku.. goodness this August are in for a real treat. : D

Does this have any sort of lag calibration? Rhythm games + mediocre HD TVs = not fun.

Yes, the Japanese release had adjustable settings for latency and screen zoom/crop

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I already have the PS Vita version, but I'll support the NA PS3 release.

Now all we need is Yakuza 1&2 HD and Yakuza 5 NA announcements and we're good, Sega.

fek

I want to support this and I probably will, but I really prefer rhythm games in handhelds and I already have the vita version.

Top Bottom