• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Having a monopoly is GOOOOOD!! (Madden blows up at retail)

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
WasabiKing said:
So big that the "best" game representing your sport sold 1/4th the amount of units with 4 times as much shelf time.

The fact is that nobody gives a damn about american football outside the US...

EAJAPAN

Madden 06 deserves to sell like this. It's the best version of Madden yet and easily the best NFL game ever released.

Anyone who says ESPN is still better than Madden is high on something illegal. Firstly, take a nap. Then get up, learn about the sport and realise that you're talking out of your arse.

As for WE fans, shut the fuck up and accept that both games are the best at what they do. They can coexist. They do in my gaming library.

Socreges

Banned
Solid said:
kinda sad trash like madden sells so much while the best sports game ever, WE8, struggle with 64k within it's first month.
WasabiKing said:
That's cause soccer sucks.
Fools. Solid, particularly, since he started this. Par for the course with him, though.

GaimeGuy said:
they can't. WE doesn't use actual players. :lol

And i think it's because EA holds the exclusive rights.
Bzzt, wrong. It's pretty much just the EPL that WE doesn't have the license for, and it still has all the right player names.

Mihail said:
I think good taste in games should've been one of the requirements when assigning modship on this forum.

Cause that's objective right? Maybe we should just apply that to the entire forum so 95% of you are gone... OTAKOOL!

Back to the subject at hand, EA should have a killer Q3 with Burnout Revenge hitting in about 3 weeks. And they'll need to from what I've heard... My guess is that they'll move the next Burnout to a different quarter to balance things out.

Mrbob

Madden >>> Winning Eleven

In sales and quality.

kool_aid.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
GTA > your crappy favourite franchise

...I just wanted to feel like I was part of the thread. Never mind.

*slinks away, kicking an empty pop can*

Slo

Gregory said:
NFL Europe? WTF? :lol
Never heard of.

You're not missing anything, it's horrible. But on to more important topics: why are you in this thread if you hate the subject so much?

olimario

Banned
EAJAPAN said:
Madden 06 deserves to sell like this. It's the best version of Madden yet and easily the best NFL game ever released.

Anyone who says ESPN is still better than Madden is high on something illegal. Firstly, take a nap. Then get up, learn about the sport and realise that you're talking out of your arse.

As for WE fans, shut the fuck up and accept that both games are the best at what they do. They can coexist. They do in my gaming library.

It scored lower than last year's Madden
And lower than Madden 2004
And lower than Madden 2003
And lower than Madden 2002
And lower than Madden 2001

But it sold better
Monopoly = bad

Fifty

Sports game reviews are a joke Oli....Most of them (real) Madden fans I've talked to say they prefer this year's game.

FightyF

Banned
EAJAPAN said:

That's incredibly hypocritical.

WE squashes FIFA in every department.

Whereas ESPN and Madden were at least comparable. Plus, the combined price of both titles ran below $80.

Whereas if you paid full price for FIFA to "complement" WE...that's beyond all sane logic, reasoning and behavior.

olimario

Banned
Fifty said:
Sports game reviews are a joke Oli....Most of them (real) Madden fans I've talked to say they prefer this year's game.

Really? Madden fans sticking up for a game that most reviewers scored lower than the Madden efforts from the last 5 years? I think my cerebellum just fused.

Mrbob

olimario said:
Really? Madden fans sticking up for a game that most reviewers scored lower than the Madden efforts from the last 5 years? I think my cerebellum just fused.

Look who doesn't visit many sports related threads.

Socreges

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
That's incredibly hypocritical.

WE squashes FIFA in every department.

Whereas ESPN and Madden were at least comparable. Plus, the combined price of both titles ran below $80.

Whereas if you paid full price for FIFA to "complement" WE...that's beyond all sane logic, reasoning and behavior.
.....uh, WE and Madden, not WE and FIFA

Fifty

olimario said:

Just because we like the game doesn't mean we don't call it on its flaws. It's not a perfect game but I (and many others) believe it's a upgrade from last year

Fifty said:
Just because we like the game doesn't mean we don't call it on its flaws. It's not a perfect game but I (and many others) believe it's a upgrade from last year

When you look at 2001-2003, it's not much of a change. But from 03-04, there's a change in Franchise Mode and playmaker, the latter changing how you play the game from the first snap. 2004-05 adds so many defensive upgrades, from defensive assignments, hit stick, and defensive playmaker. 05-06 takes offense back by precision passing, QB vision cone, truck stick, Superstar mode, and 5 ways to defend every pass. But it's the same game...

FightyF

Banned
Socreges said:
.....uh, WE and Madden, not WE and FIFA

Oh. Well if that's the case, he's not a real Madden fan. He should be playing that game 24/7, and not distract himself with another football title.

Matlock

Banned

DMczaf

olimario said:
It scored lower than last year's Madden
And lower than Madden 2004
And lower than Madden 2003
And lower than Madden 2002
And lower than Madden 2001

But it sold better
Monopoly = bad

Go back to doing what you do best, defending below average Nintendo games