• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heat 2 Novel Coming in August 2022 (Serves as sequel & prequel to the 1995 movie 'Heat')

Aggelos

Whether Michael Mann is going to adapt this to a film, that's anyone's guess.

" In March 2016, Mann announced that he is developing a Heat prequel novel as part of launching his company Michael Mann Books. In April 2017, Reed Farrel Coleman was attached to the project. In September 2019, Mann was asked whether he will produce a film of the novel, to which he replied "absolutely" and stated "the landscape is changing so radically and so quickly, who knows?" when being asked on whether it would be a film or a series. In May 2020, 25 years following the film's release, Michael Mann stated that the novel would be both a prequel and a sequel to the film's main events. In January 2022, the novel was finally revealed to be a co-collaboration between Mann and writer Meg Gardiner with a release date scheduled for August 2022. "

FdRqiqq.jpg

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm curious what cross over McCauley (Deniro) and Hannah (Pacino) would even have before and after the film story assuming McCauley bought it at the end. So it either focuses on just one or is just two unrelated stories that come together on film.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
According to some dude on AVS forums, the delay is due to licensng issues related to Disney's purchase of Fox. Get that shit sorted lawyas.

This thread made me watch heat for the first time. It was a bad movie, especially when the main guy, who was supposed to be the brains, couldn't wait for the heat to die down before taking revenge and getting caught that way.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
This thread made me watch heat for the first time. It was a bad movie, especially when the main guy, who was supposed to be the brains, couldn't wait for the heat to die down before taking revenge and getting caught that way.
I had a very different experience. I thought it was great.

With regards to your criticism, Deniro failed to heed his own advice. He allowed himself to get caught up in entanglements, which led to him becoming emotionally driven (hence revenge against Waingro). He eventually realizes his mistake, but by that point he was too late.

thefool

That's definitely everyone's fault but the actor. He's just old. Blame it on the director for picking such a long shot or the editor (unless there were no cover shots). Scorsese and Telma movies are prone to have tons of continuity issues but that take is so clumsy, look how the glass breaks like a lego.
Telma is 82 and Marty is 79, there's a certain point where we have to accept they will overlook tons of stuff.

De Niro has quite a few great scenes in the movie but his cast was woeful. He is unable to display the physicality and brutality of Frank Sheeran.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Just watched Heat again a few weeks ago (I like to watch movies during workouts to keep my mind off the difficulty).

No need for a Heat 2. I was just thinking sarcasatically, "what is it going to follow Chris' character? Did we see what happened in Heat?"

Turns out that's what it is. It's just not necessary as a character study. The story is told. Ah well. There is just something about directors not being able to let their work go for some reason.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Had this Pre-ordered for a while now, super hyped for the release! Heat is an absolute masterpiece imo and will be grabbing the 4K version as soon as its out.

Top Bottom