• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 PC specifications and crossplay support details revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member
6871054c96c2489404db9929b97a9c26c767b544-scaled.jpeg

53441218739_8a02aaf469_h.jpg

We know it’s been a long wait but it’s finally time to reveal more about the PC release of Helldivers 2. We know what’s on your mind, first and foremost: Is it crossplay?

And we’re pleased to announce that Helldivers 2 supports crossplay! That means your teammates on PC can play with you on PS5 and vice versa. Community and teamwork are the most important pillars of Helldivers 2, and so it is essential to ensure players can work together regardless of the system they choose to use. Together we can celebrate victories, mourn losses, and liberate the galaxy without platform boundaries.

Last edited:

tommib

This could be good if they double down on the Starship Troopers vibe and have all around fun shooting.

We’re missing a good Gears of War-level third-person co-op shooter.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
lmao thats some high pc specs for a game that looks like this. No wonder all the PS5 footage was running at 20 fps
I don't think the specs are that high. A 3070 for 1440/60 seems pretty decent. A 4070 Ti/7900 XTX for 4K isn't too surprising since, well, it's 4K. The 7900 XTX is much faster than the 4070 Ti though. It's actually a bit better than the 4080 in rasterization. Unless this game hugely favors NVIDIA, those specs for AMD are too high or those for NVIDIA too low.

DeepSpace5D

That was a good trailer. It’s not the prettiest game in the world, but it looks like it’s doing some cool things from a gameplay perspecive.

T4keD0wN

lmao thats some high pc specs for a game that looks like this. No wonder all the PS5 footage was running at 20 fps
Are those really high pc specs considering it features: A FULL SCALE GALACTIC WAR FOR FREEDOM

Weird that they dont mention any upscaling/rt, but those 1080p30fps low specs look very nice, i might be able to persuade some of my friends to play it with me.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Characters look straight out of the space soldier creation app. I swear I’ve seen this look so many times, although i admittedly still like it.

Gameplay seems rather generic though.

Not sure how it’s 100GB.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Is this a looter shooter like Destiny? Or more like Lost Planet (side note: Capcom needs to get on this)? Looks like it could be fun. How was the first one?

Even though everything I've seen so far looks like they really just transfered the first game into another perpspective, and drastically improved the visuals, it inevitably will feel different to play. Kinda wish they would just have done another top down game. Especially since we don't seem to get another Dead Nation or Alienation from Housemarque either. Sony should license these 3 games for any willing and qualified third party, and make some smaller budget sequels too.

I literally tried out Helldivers 1 and EDF4 on PS4 back to back, I guess these games are a vibe.
EDF4 is really good but if you play it and overall like it but think it is juuuuust a little too "Japanese" in the controls (I really cannot describe it any other way), then definitely give EDF5 a shot too. They revamped some of the mechanics to be a little easier to actually use (the fencer is practically impossible to effectively play in 4 unless you are the kind of person that enjoys PSX/PS2 Armored Core games, but is actually sort of fun in 5).

The World Brothers spinoff game is a blast to play too (very similar concept but different mechanics/structure), and Iron Rain is fun too even if it is done by a different team.

I love this series lol

drotahorror

Even though everything I've seen so far looks like they really just transfered the first game into another perpspective, and drastically improved the visuals, it inevitably will feel different to play. Kinda wish they would just have done another top down game. Especially since we don't seem to get another Dead Nation or Alienation from Housemarque either. Sony should license these 3 games for any willing and qualified third party, and make some smaller budget sequels too.
Dead Nation not being 60fps on PS4 was a national tragedy.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Even though everything I've seen so far looks like they really just transfered the first game into another perpspective, and drastically improved the visuals, it inevitably will feel different to play. Kinda wish they would just have done another top down game.

The sniping in the latest trailer does suggest a certain degree of advancement from the original game. I think they also may have hinted the players can split up too which would allow a wider degree of objectives and encounters. Hopefully we get a 5+ minute walkthrough in the upcoming State of Play.

Top Bottom