• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me choose or find a Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangace

Here is the deal, i have never owned a camera in my whole 25 years. I don't know anything about them, i am starting a new hobby and i want to be able to take all sorts of pictures from the outdoors or whatever. My budget is small.. say i am willing to spend $100 max.

I would appreciate any help

vangace

Lil' Dice said:
$100? I hope you're not looking to get into digital photography....

As i said i have no idea what a good or bad camera looks like. I am just looking for something to start with and as i get more adept i will look for something a little bit advanced.

nitewulf

yeah, the linked camera is very good for that price. if you buy it, make sure to buy some rechargeable batteries and a charger as well. look at some internet guidelines for defniteions of apperture/shutter speed/white balance etc. take a look at some examples of framing. start taking pictures.

I just got into digital photography, went with a nice starter camera. I need to get the lense mount and telephoto cause the 3x optical zoom just isnt enough. I dont even bother with digital zoom blech.

p72_2.jpg

Saturnman

Banned
vangace said:
As i said i have no idea what a good or bad camera looks like. I am just looking for something to start with and as i get more adept i will look for something a little bit advanced.

A $100 is really tight as a budget, but you shouldn't just go looking for one particular model as you may not be able to find it in stores (especially if you want to try it first). On top of the Canon model already suggested, you might also want to check the FujiFilm FinePix A205.

987036_125.jpg

It's well received by many people and you are more likely to find it under $100.

This one might be a bit hard to find under $100, but the Olympus Camedia D-540 Zoom is worth a look:

2433321_125.jpg

It's a smart move for you to start small. I didn't know much about photography when I got my first digicam and basically learned what were my wants and needs playing with a cheap and good model first and then upgraded.

Keep us updated with the model you go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom