• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help! PS4 Amateur 1TB SSD upgrade

The Fartist

Gold Member
I just got a 1TB SSD. I have a mechanical bone stock internal 500 GB HDD (System data, games etc) and a 500 GB external (just games).

I need to transfer over all of my shit from both drives to the 1 TB SSD, can this be done without 4th drive?

P.S. I have a thumb drive with the latest PS4 'Stable AF' system software, ready to go. Thanks in advance.

GHG

You'll need another external hard drive that's big enough to back up the data from your original system drive.

Then swap in the new SSD and restore from the external drive with the backup.

You don't need to do anything with the other drive that has your games on it, that should work as normal.

The Fartist

Gold Member
You'll need another external hard drive that's big enough to back up the data from your original system drive.

Then swap in the new SSD and restore from the external drive with the backup.

You don't need to do anything with the other drive that has your games on it, that should work as normal.
Damn, ok. Thanks a lot!

longdi

Banned
Could you just not insert the 1TB SSD and format from within PS4? This should get back your account, and you can either copy games over from the external 500GB or redownload from PSN.
Just make sure to cloud save your games before any of this

just asking, i dont own PS4. 🤷‍♀️

The Fartist

Gold Member
Could you just not insert the 1TB SSD and format from within PS4? This should get back your account, and you can either copy games over from the external 500GB or redownload from PSN.
Just make sure to cloud save your games before any of this

just asking, i dont own PS4. 🤷‍♀️
I'm pretty sure my external is tied to the internal system drive, so they won't work on a fresh system installed internal drive. If that makes sense.

Top Bottom