• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here Is What Donald Trump Wants To Do In His First 100 Days (from October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakoo

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT

WHAT THE FUCK

THAT'S LIKE GOING TO A GAME SOURCE CODE AND DECLARING THAT FOR EVERY ONE LINE OF CODE IN, TWO LINES NEED TO BE ELIMINATED

THERE IS NO LOGIC TO THIS

THIS IS NOTHING BUT STROKING THE DICKS OF LIBERTARIANS WHO HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE DOING.

lol even as someone that leans libertarian, I read this line item and roIled my eyes. 2 seconds of critical thinking would reveal what a silly and unenforceable metric this is.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

Kind of amazed at how many of these I agree with, though there's a lot of horrible stuff in there too.

Phreaker

Feeling for Obama today, having to welcome Trump to the WH and teach him how to be President. The dude that said he is going to repeal everything you've done and questioned your birth. Poor Michelle having to show Milania around...horrifying, the nightmare come to life. I am still disgusted.

Feeling for Obama today, having to welcome Trump to the WH and teach him how to be President. The dude that said he is going to repeal everything you've done and questioned your birth. Poor Michelle having to show Milania around...horrifying, the nightmare come to life. I am still disgusted.
Imagine there's an asshole who incenses every racist by doubting for years you're American (when he really means to call you an uppity n****r who should know his place) and then this guy becomes president, announces he'll undo everything you've worked on and you have to smile, shake his hand and show him around the house.

Very against his energy policies. I think people forget how valuable our land can be when were arent extracting resources from it. Huge industries built around outdoorsmanship, experiences, camping, logging, tourism, recreational vehicles, hunting etc etc etc etc. We once again fall into that dangerous favoritism game.

Why dont markets not affiliated with energy production and expansion dont lobby against this?

Too decentralized?

Vagabundo

I hope he gets most of this stuff - and whatever else he can think of through - as quickly as possible. I know it sucks guys, but you want the Dems to take back seats in the midterms the whole thing needs to go to pot fast. Then you can focus on making him a one term pres.

Dont fuck it up, we're counting on you.

I hope he gets most of this stuff - and whatever else he can think of through - as quickly as possible. I know it sucks guys, but you want the Dems to take back seats in the midterms the whole thing needs to go to pot fast. Then you can focus on making him a one term pres.

It's sad but I've been thinking the same thing. For me, one of the worst case scenarios is that we end up with a redo of Dubya's first term: lots of bad decisions that will cause pain for a lot of Americans, but enough of it flies under the radar that he's able to coast into a second term before we truly see how much he's fucking up the country. And it's horrible to think of all of the people who are going to suffer and even die under these policies, but maybe it's better to rip the bandage off and let the country see just what a nightmare this is going to be, if it means getting him and the GOP out of power that much faster.

Of course, that's assuming we even have elections two, four years from now. It may sound hyperbolic, but following Sarah Kendzior's coverage of the rise of Trump, and what it could potentially mean for this country, makes my "worst case scenario" above look like a pleasant fantasy in comparison.

Macam

Banned

George W Bush wasn't a one term president.

You know what I agree with him on term limits.

Term limits is stupid idea that that punishes experience and encourages corruption. That two terms. 1st is the rookie term where you need to build contacts and learn on the job. 2nd would be the last and essentially get as much money out of it before you are done.

The correct way is transparency, not punished experience.

Edit: Under his plan there is only one term for a congressman to follow their constituency.

Term limits is stupid idea that that punishes experience and encourages corruption. That two terms. 1st is the rookie term where you need to build contacts and learn on the job. 2nd would be the last and essentially get as much money out of it before you are done.

The correct way is transparency, not punished experience.

We have had the same shitty representative in my area for the past 24 years. He is only in because is a republican and runs unchallenged most of the time.
His ass needs to get out.

We have had the same shitty representative in my area for the past 24 years. He is only in because is a republican and runs unchallenged most of the time.
His ass needs to get out.

This sounds more like an issue of gerrymandering than term limits. Also transparency would better than an arbitrary term limit. Also organizing and getting an opponent.

I really want to see if Trump has the balls to cancel all federal funding to NYC where 9/11 happened. Since, according to many Republicans, we are a sanctuary city. Let's go. Bring it.

The backlash would be stupendous.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Dude, just don't fucking launch nukes. If we can get through the next four years without nuclear war, my white ass will be fine. I'm terribly sorry to any monitory group out there and any children or grandchildren I may have some day, but I've fallen to relying on apathy and hedonism.

Fuck it. I'm getting Chick Fil A for lunch.

jelly

This may sound silly but isn't it wise to not use up your own resources first ?

Lobbyist thing seems hollow, there is so many ways around that.

AHA-Lambda

This doesn't ruin the lives of people following our laws.

What part of fucking over the climate weren't you getting?
That affects everyone after all.

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

FFS >_<

MC Safety

The New York Post published an editorial suggesting President Obama and President-elect Trump should announce a presidential pardon for Hillary Clinton.

I think it's a great idea. It would help set aside the nastiness of the election, and allow President Trump to proceed without the specter of an overlong investigation into the malfeasance of his opponent. It would also be a conciliatory step toward the American people.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/pardoning-hillary-would-be-a-win-for-the-whole-nation/

OK I'll go ahead and bite on this since we're going to have to eat this turd sandwich eventually.

First Day Stuff:

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

At first glance this seems OK as an anti corruption mechanism, but it's going to be a double edge sword. There are legitimately great congressmen\senators that are going to be kicked out because of this which sucks, but there are legitimately terrible ones that will be kicked out as well. Overall, it's probably a wash. Little chance that it will actually happen though.

Proposal Score: 5/10
Chance of Happening: 0/10

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

This sucks. I'm sure that we have bloated departments whose budgets are out of control, but a more surgical approach is necessary instead of a broad brush here.

Proposal Score: 3/10
Chance of Happening: ?/10 (I don't know if he has the power to do this)

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

This is just plain crazy. Again, he's proposing throwing bucket of paint on the wall instead of a paintbrush. There's a chance that some bad ones will be kicked out if this actually happens, since they will be forced to find shitty regulations to cut, but something tells me that he won't actually live up to this and instead will just sign whatever Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell puts in front of him.

Proposal Score: 1/10
Chance of Happening: 0/10

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

Genuinely good proposal in my opinion. The pattern of representative funded by special interests -> legislation catered to special interests -> lobbyist for special interests needs to be broken. IIRC Obama has a similar policy with his White House staff to curb corruption in his administration.

Proposal Score: 10/10
Chance of Happening: 5/10 (already exists in the White House, not so sure he can get the congressional side to do this)

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

I'm 100% on board with this for the same reasons as above, but this is an even more serious corruption risk.

Chance of Happening: 9/10 (I would put this at 10/10, since we know he can do it, but there's a chance he just won't. I'll call this margin of error the Trump Erratic Behavior Factor for the purposes of this post.)

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Again, great stuff in the same vein as above. We saw an unprecedented interference in our election process by Russia this time around, and any efforts to curb such interference is great in my book.

Chance of Happening: 3/10 (This would likely need an act of congress, and they won't give a shit.)

More First Day Stuff:

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

Fuck me this is bad. Every reasonable study of NAFTA shows that it has had minimal impact on our economy. Withdrawing from trade deals has terrible consequences, see Brexit's impact on the Sterling and it hasn't even happened yet. I see no benefits to this at all.

Proposal Score: 0/10
Chance of Happening: 3/10(This would take an act of congress to do (right? These trade agreements sit on the same level as Treaties), and I'm not sure they actually want to do it.)

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

Hilldawg was against it, so we know that some rather intelligent people have determined this to be a bad deal. I'm OK with it for now, but getting a better version of TPP would be good for the economy as a whole instead of just taking our ball and going home.

Proposal Score: 5/10
Chance of Happening: 9/10

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

I don't get this at all. It is the sovereign right of a given nation to control\print it's own currency. We do that already with the Fed. 1.7 Trillion dollars were printed to bail out the country back in 2008, are we currency manipulator then? No benefit to this at all other than for us to give China the finger for no damned reason.

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

This is vague as shit. No idea what powers those offices would be able to actually do about these "abuses" they would identify. We are bound by the trade agreements that are in place. If there is blatant abuses and we have the means to stop them, then great. But I'm unaware of them, except maybe this Chinese Steel thing that came up in the debates a few times. I see this having a minute impact if at all.

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

This sucks ass. These restrictions were based on stemming the tide of climate change which threatens the whole damned planet. We already produce a fuckload of oil\gas\etc. to the point where the market is flooded with the shit and has driven prices down to levels that are historically low when accounting for inflation. Shale Oil is taking a beating anyway due to needing oil prices to be above $60 a barrel to make a profit.

Chance of Happening: ?/10 (I don't know to what extent he can actually do this.)

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

Keystone Pipeline sucked. Provided a small amount of temporary jobs and was pulling oil from a very inefficient and dirty source. I guess giving some people some jobs for a few years while it's built is OK, but everything else sucks.

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Fuck Climate Payments and use it to fund the EPA? What is this doublethink nonsense?

Chance of Happening: 5/10

Even More First Day Stuff:

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

If his actions were actually unconstitutional they could have been challenged by the Supreme Court and struck down. So this is actually means what he and the Republicans think is unconstitutional, which is not their place to determine anyway. A lot of good shit was done by Executive Order, such as DACA which would be heartbreaking to lose.

Chance of Happening: 10/10 (He explicitly has this power, and will use it to some extent, so I'm ignoring the Trump Erratic Behavior Factor here.)

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

This one really sucks. We had a chance to really cement the last 50 years of progress in civil rights and this is now in jeopardy. If we lose RBG or Kennedy in his term, we are proper fucked.

Chance of Happening: 10/10 (He explicitly has this power, and will use it, so I'm ignoring the Trump Erratic Behavior Factor here.)

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

This is really vague and weird, the whole damned thing is. Immigration is a Federal matter, so of what concern is it of the Federal Govt. if these cities don't give a shit about Immigration. It's not their job to begin with. Why should the Feds be forcing cities to enforce their laws? Stupid and weird talking point. I see this as all bluster and no substance.

Chance of Happening: 0/10 (makes zero sense legislatively or politically.)

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

This 2 million number is, again, all bluster, and we already have laws in place to kick out immigrants who commit serious crimes. Nothing actually needs to change here in my estimation in terms of the letter of the law. As for cancelling visas, I'm not convinced this is the right approach to convincing these countries to take responsibility for their own citizens. Sounds rather short sighted, diplomacy is lacking here.

Chance of Happening: 3/10

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

This is shitty too. This goes directly to the Syrian Refugee Crisis. These people need to get out or they will be caught in the crossfire. This policy will cost the lives of innocents. His claim that we cannot actually vet these people is false. "Extreme Vetting" is a vapid talking point with no substance.

First 100 Days:

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

This will likely benefit me greatly, but fuck the country over badly. Analysis of the tax plans by independent sources say this is super shit. See here in YouTube form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgicDQHbV3M

This of course is a Republican wet-dream, and they will likely get it barring a filibuster by the Democrats. Hopefully they actually do so, we can't afford a massive inflation of the deficit.

Yuck. Yuck yuck yuck. YUCK

Chance of Happening: 5/10 (Having a bit of confidence in a democratic resistance here since it's so odious.)

End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

This is one of the cornerstone pieces of his platform that White Working Class people are hoping gets done. Unfortunately, I don't really know how this actually will help people who have already been affected by companies offshoring their production. It's too little too late for them. I don't see them just coming back to the US. If it actually helps the jobs that are still here, stay here then it could give more power to worker unions to fight for better wages since it would cost them more to leave. Hard to say.

I don't know how he can do this, again, due to previously signed upon Trade Agreements.

Chance of Happening: 3/10 (I don't know how he can actually do this.)

American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

Finally something positive again. Possibly the most hopeful thing on this list.

Flint, Michigan exposed the cracks in our nations infrastructure and showed a need for re-investment. Working Class people will very happy to get these jobs, However temporary they may be. It could also serve as a mass-retraining of the working class in a trade that can make a decent living (Welders\HVAC\Construction\Civil Engineering etc.)

Hopefully it works and gets some of these devastated communities moving again, because I don't think the factories are ever coming back.

On the other hand, I don't know how he pays for this after he eviscerates the tax revenue.

Proposal Score: 8/10
Chance of Happening: 6/10 (Republicans are pretty averse to spending money, and this will cost a lot of money.)

School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

Charter Schools are a real hit or miss proposition. Some can be great, some are predatory companies that collapse with no warning. Leaving the parents out of money and the child without a place to go. See John Oliver's report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_htSPGAY7I.

Pulling even more funding from Public Schools will be a unmitigated disaster. They are already struggling in some districts. See, again, John Oliver's report on School Segregation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8yiYCHMAlM

Common Core is despised not due to it's intentions, but due to it's implementation. It strives to provide a common baseline of knowledge for a given grade level which is good. Unfortunately it ends up handcuffing teachers to a textbook and removing all creativity from their hands that could be used to reach kids who aren't responding to the predefined course.

I'm all for more affordable schools and not forcing college as the only option for kids. Learning a trade can be rewarding and lucrative. Plumbers aren't going anywhere. Welders aren't going anywhere. Mechanics aren't going anywhere. HVAC Techs aren't going anywhere.

Overall there are some good and bad things here.

Proposal Score: 6/10
Chance of Happening: 7/10 (Republicans do like de-funding the DOE, but are averse to spending money, so eh.)

Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Obamacare has problems. No doubt. But there are extremely good provisions that save peoples lives.

You can't be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition.
No more Lifetime Maximums
Must provide Child Dependent Coverage up to age 26
Insurance companies must spend 80% on coverage (limits administrative costs and profit taking)
Medicaid Expansion

Really good stuff that has saved lives.

A "Full Repeal" would fuck over 20 million people.
Just letting people use HSA's (which is just a specialized tax haven anyway) without giving them baseline coverage would, again, fuck over 20 million people.

I don't see how they could actually do this without angering a large amount of voters.

Somehow I don't see a Full Repeal happening. Call me crazy.

As for drug approvals, our already stringent regulations end up letting drugs through that end up killing people. There's a new class action lawsuit on TV every month about one. If anything we need stronger regs. with the FDA, not looser ones.

Chance of Happening: 8/10 (Republicans have been chomping at the bit for years to do this. It will happen at some level, even if I doubt full repeal.)

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

Another brightspot thankfully.

Childcare is absurdly expensive in the US, to the point that lots of couples have one leave their job as it would outstrip that persons entire income to send the child to a daycare during the first few years.

No one has really addressed Elder care cost burden on families before so it's interesting too.

Overall, not bad.

End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

Lots of crap here.

Mexico won't pay for this wall. Starting a Trade War to do so would be ruinous.
Why would we want to spend money imprisoning illegal immigrants when they could simply be deported? This will cost tons of money.

Again, I'm all for enforcing our illegal immigration laws. ICE under Obama has deported millions during his time in office.

Chance of Happening: 3/10

Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

Crime is already at historic lows. This is blustery bullshit that will undoubtedly adversely affect the poor more than anything else.

This is Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act 2.0 which Bill Clinton has expressed regret about and has led to a massive increase in incarceration rates and prison overcrowding.

Chance of Happening: 4/10

Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

We already have the largest military in the world. We spend more then the next 8 countries combined. To spend more would be ridiculous.

Vets getting healthcare is great.

I don't see how they could possibly enforce a "thought-police" test to immigrants. These are not people who are going to work in Top Secret positions. They are trying to survive. Ugh.

Proposal Score: 3/10 (for the Vet Healthcare)
Chance of Happening: 7/10 (Republicans get a huge chubby for Military spending)

Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

I'm all for eliminating corruption and removing money from politics. But there is no detail on how he would do this.

Proposal Score: ?/10
Chance of Happening: ?/10

Conclusions:

Overall: 59/260 (I considered all the lobbying restrictions as 1 instead of 3 proposals)
For an average of 2.2.

Lots of shit. Tons really.

But a few bright spots. like the Childcare and Eldercare Tax Deductions, Big Infrastructure Reinvestment, Lobbying bans post-governmental work, and Vet Healthcare.

Macam

Banned
The New York Post published an editorial suggesting President Obama and President-elect Trump should announce a presidential pardon for Hillary Clinton.

I think it's a great idea. It would help set aside the nastiness of the election, and allow President Trump to proceed without the specter of an overlong investigation into the malfeasance of his opponent. It would also be a conciliatory step toward the American people.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/pardoning-hillary-would-be-a-win-for-the-whole-nation/

This is stupid and does absolutely nothing for anyone. I'm not concerned about HRC, she'll be fine.

Lime

Besides being a weird suggestion to make, one shouldn't cooperate with or support fascists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom