• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HIDEO KOJIMA Just Betrayed All Gamers Worldwide!

molasar

Banned
Is he a fan of Coronan now? Coronan the Librarian?

VariableUnimportantHarpyeagle-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Techies

Call me a fucking idiot but I never could get into books. It's tiring to read and it's a backwards ass medium when I have movies and games portraying me stuff instead of 3 pages describing how the environment looks like.
Maybe I tried wrong books but all in all - I do not read

There was once this thing called imagination, where you had to create the world, it's vision only using a couple of words, but that world became yours, your vision in the end.

Most people who read books are almost always disappointed by their favorite book characters not looking like what they've imagined in a movie/series/game.

rofif

Banned
There was once this thing called imagination, where you had to create the world, it's vision only using a couple of words, but that world became yours, your vision in the end.

Most people who read books are almost always disappointed by their favorite book characters not looking like what they've imagined in a movie/series/game.
There was this thing called "the legs"... now people use cars.
Just because I don't read books it doesn't mean I don't use imagination

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
When he takes ideas from Science Fiction from the Soviet Union (Time Wanderers and Death Stranding for instance), you know he’s done some reading. I’ve heard where reading makes you more mature.

I actually bought a Manga because of he Tweeted about. It was “2001 Nights”

ExpandKong

Banned
When he takes ideas from Science Fiction from the Soviet Union (Time Wanderers and Death Stranding for instance), you know he’s done some reading. I’ve heard where reading makes you more mature.

Someone pisses or shits themselves in every MGS game. Or gets pissed on (Raiden, MGS2). And in Death Stranding you can make pee grenades.

What I'm saying is maybe that's not a guaranteed result of reading a lot.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Someone pisses or shits themselves in every MGS game. Or gets pissed on (Raiden, MGS2). And in Death Stranding you can make pee grenades.

What I'm saying is maybe that's not a guaranteed result of reading a lot.
Okay, now try to create a story in 5-10 sentences. Go on, we are waiting for your absolutely stunning end result :DDD.

nowhat

I mean, as far as threads go, this one is so retarded it should have been aborted before it was born.

But - I do have the first Witcher short story collection that I bought as a present for a friend, and later borrowed from him (I'm a cheeky bastard, I know), I might as well read it a bit. The older I get, the less non-fiction I read which I think is a shame. It's not that I don't have time for it, but just never get around to it. Perhaps this is a good time.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Console wars are for boomers. We are beyond that now. Fighting for something bigger. The past versus the future. Old habits and traditions versus innovation and progress.

Get with the times.
What is a boomer? I take it you are an indoctrinated marxist / communist? That thinks what your teacher / the msm fake news tells you to think?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
When he takes ideas from Science Fiction from the Soviet Union
yeah i read this book a few years ago

se9Rs9wWMiAGoMMZxk3SBtHJpesciFQK3kkAB8PxH01K7Nqa5T47u3c-ShVGGZp7KhhKRBZ7j_jd0CUU4pnEZNTe7zEwiQvNW9Z8f8VAo9Axp2LJ1-BBXBdzApOw5SnIIXDav65ct6Gcr63GN7dF5Dg

neat how Psycho Mantis has that backstory

To me it make perfect sense, if your entire career about developing games then outside your job you would want take a break from games and do something else.
for sure. i used to edit videos for a job. starting off by working on music videos freelance, cos they were fun, then eventually that led into more serious video editing work. tbh it made me sick of video editing lol. i still got asked to do music videos but by the time i was working 8 hours a day editing professional videos, the last thing i wanted to do was work on more video in my free time.

Last edited:

GrayChild

What is a boomer? I take it you are an indoctrinated marxist / communist? That thinks what your teacher / the msm fake news tells you to think?

I take it you don't know how sarcasm/satire work.

Also, I (thankfully) live somewhere far from the modern day liberal vs. conservative bullshit.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I always wonder why people say, that ND makes some INCREDIBLE stories, now I know why...

Batiman

Banned
This is pretty funny because I’ve been reading more than playing lately. I find it more relaxing personally. This is probably one thing Kojima has said that I kinda agree.

books>games

We the original nerds. We started this shit

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
holy shit this is crazy. today it has really hit home for me. earlier i read a list of people that need to prioritize Social Distancing, and my medical condition was on it. so i guess i have to stay home for my own good.

i have a very rare genetic mutation that has given me blood cancer. it is easily treatable, without taking any medicine, i just have to have bloodletting 6 or so times a year through a process called a phlebotomy. if my blood remains in my circulatory system for too long, the chemistry causes it to thicken, which is hard on my heart. so they remove 500ccs of blood in order to balance my levels. ironically enough, this is the same amount of blood that Sam "donates" each time he visits a safe house.

Death-Stranding-How-to-heal-and-restore-blood.jpg

so now, according to governments around the world, i have to stay away from other people, or else i might catch some death. this is especially crazy cos i don't own a car, so i walk everywhere. so i am going to have to really minimize my trips to/from the store. like Sam i need to avoid people for the solitary treks to pick up and drop off supplies. it's pretty crazy.

1573252374925-death-stranding-screen-08-ps4-us-26aug19.jpeg

so what should i do? i guess i can go early in the morning/later in the evening, when there are less people out. i would do a midnight run but i was mugged outside of my building last year, i don't really trust the area. thing is i know where the homeless people and dangerous allies are, i will have to plan out my route.

of course, the responsible thing for me to do is to order it online, and have someone deliver it to me. lol. life is now Death Stranding.

Last edited:

Old Retro

Kojima is like Michael Jordan or Hulk Hogan to me. I don't give a shit what they did after a certain point to tarnish their legacy. Gimme the days in their prime.

I follow his twitter every morning and evening for the past 5 years, so I know how much books he loves to read!

But why does he look like he'd trick you into going the wrong way if you crossed paths in a labyrinth only to bump into him again where he would explain away his treachery with "Its not the destination, but rather the journey that matters"?

I dont trust him and tbh, i think Death Stranding was nothing more than an attempt to target the untaped demographic - the courier.

Everyone has a game out there for them, from killing to parkour. Not Since Mirrors Edge has an asian worked so hard to connect people with their parcels.

Well thats enough internet for today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom