• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton on Sanders: 'I'm not even sure he is a Democract'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really fucking hate super idealistic viewpoints like this that don't give a shit about reality. They seem to exist only so people can pat themselves on the back and say they did a good thing by standing uncompromising behind their beliefs, while not actually doing a thing to realize them. Ideals are worthless if you do nothing to make them a reality. In the end, the only thing these viewpoints help is the person who gets to pat themselves on the back, since they do nothing to help anyone else since they accomplish literally nothing. Ideals are important, but being flexible and able to achieve them is incredibly important to. Being uncompromising generally ends up being a setback to achieving what you want, rather than a positive

Lots of people don't view integrity as flexible.

'Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good'
I don't think your quote applies here, as neither of those decisions were even merely "good", and I am not convinced that Hillary Clinton is merely "good". Bernie Sanders is merely "good". There are positions that I do not agree with Sanders on. According to that survey GAF used to post around, Bernie Sanders and I only agree 71% of the time. That's the highest of any politician out there, so I'm already in quite the compromising position. I honestly don't recall Hillary's %, or I would post that as well.

'Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good'

Republicans win when you let your ideological purity test get in the way.
You know, if you really want to be convincing, use your own words instead of buzzterms like "ideological purity test" as though it has some relevance to our conversation. It doesn't even vaguely relate to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom