• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy 2 Likely To Use Unreal Engine 5

makaveli60

Good. Now get some decent writers who can produce quality writing. Better yet, hire Rowling and create the ultimate Harry Potter game with those characters. I don’t care about the arguments against doing this, it would be epic and it would be an even bigger hit than the first game.

Last edited:
First one looked like a decent crossgen game on pc, hooefully the second one is gonna look full nextgen.
It looks full next gen to me. With the right shaders. Vanilla HL is shit IQ wise.

Vanilla:
4-1675913646-25040918.png

ReShade, Ultra + settings config:
4-1675913661-773431130.png

The difference might look marginal, but in motion the game really pops and the details are WAY more crisp.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Just so no one can say they weren't warned, here are WB's comments about the game:
“We just successfully sold 20+ mil copies of a great SP game Hogwarts Legacy. Clearly what players want is a title that’s a Live Service loaded with GaaS. The message is loud and clear and WB will deliver amazing titles with great ongoing monetary extraction opportunities over the next several years”.

- Some WB exec.

When the game(s) don’t sell there will be a surprised 🤡 face on why things failed.

Ev1L AuRoN

It looks full next gen to me. With the right shaders. Vanilla HL is shit IQ wise.

Vanilla:
4-1675913646-25040918.png

ReShade, Ultra + settings config:
4-1675913661-773431130.png

The difference might look marginal, but in motion the game really pops and the details are WAY more crisp.
To me just look over sharpened and contrasty, I wouldn't call that an improvement.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I want this one to be darker. I want to be able to go on a rampage and Avada Kedavra every student and teacher at Hogwarts.

If that has to be in UE5 then so bet it.

Top Bottom