• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy was the most completed game by players in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Mod edit: Can we please stop starting threads with sweeping, broad facts that are worthless with proper context

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom came in second place.

In addition to a great result in sales, according to new information shared by the official HowLongToBeat profile, Hogwarts Legacy was the most played and completed game by players in 2023.

Last edited by a moderator:

graywolf323

this is of course not 100% accurate since it’s reflective of what users have self-reported to HLTB

I think based on trophy & achievement data it’d be a bit different (not counting Nintendo games that don’t have that kind of data)

winjer

Gold Member
this is of course not 100% accurate since it’s reflective of what users have self-reported to HLTB

I think based on trophy & achievement data it’d be a bit different (not counting Nintendo games that don’t have that kind of data)

This.
A better way is to look at achievements on Steam, Playstation and Xbox.
Most games, if not all, have an achievement for completing the main campaign.

My Mom loves the Harry Potter books, movies and world. I bought the game for her, She gave it only a few hours before saying it was 'Too Much'.
She wanted it to be like a town sim, where you click on things to harvest vegetables. But Harry Potter. spells and such.
Oh Well.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom came in second place.

In addition to a great result in sales, according to new information shared by the official HowLongToBeat profile, Hogwarts Legacy was the most played and completed game by players in 2023.

Off the top of my head playstation trophy data contradicts this.

Resident evil 4 was the highest out of the games I own.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Again making definitive statements based on partial/bad data.

Howlongtobeat is not an authority on this. To be honest it’s starting to feel like work is being done here to prop up this source as something more than it is.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
These are stats based on one very specific website where, naturally, completionists will register because that's the whole focal point of the website.

Fake

Wasn't a game journo saying this game was the most dropped in play time?

Talking about karma.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Mod edit: Can we please stop starting threads with sweeping, broad facts that are worthless with proper context

Fantastic game. Perfect difficulty level and you actually feel powerful with unforgivable curses as it should be.
A stark opposite to lies of P which was finished by 3% of players when I finished it.
Games are too hard nowadays just for being hard.

Hogwarts is just as hard as you want it to be. The combat is quite in depth.

And good to see ff16 there

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom