• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollow Knight: Silksong is coming to PS5 and PS4

Markio128

Mild Shock GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Sony we want you to announce the date of the next showcase not hollow silksong.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Twice i tried to play through the first one and each time i quit half way through.....i'm not really sure why it didn't resonate with me the way it does with so many of you

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
World seemed really empty and boring,didn't think the combat was too interesting too. Enjoyed Blasphemous more.
Aw shit. It's true that the pacing can be a bit slow sometimes since the game is very long by metroidvania standards. For me the first area was the most boting one since it's basically a fucking cave, but later on there are much more interesting ones, like a city or a bee hive.

Thanks for reminding me of Blasphemous man, I still have to play that one.

jaysius

Banned
World seemed really empty and boring,didn't think the combat was too interesting too. Enjoyed Blasphemous more.
Blasphemous was a joke compared to the difficulty and mild skill required to kill some of the bosses in Hollow Knight... ok it was mostly patience and basic pattern recognition, but gamers call that skill.

Also Blasphemous' shitty art style wasn't great, nor was it's level design.

Last edited:

MacReady13

I'll play it on gamepass and I'll buy later if it's came out physically
Perfect answer! I'm not willing to reward the devs for this game. Fuck them. I'll wait to play it for free on Game Pass. Sony, release it on your sub service or else I'm waiting to play it for free.

Lognor

Banned
Is it day and date with the Switch and Xbox versions? Weird that it wasn't announced already. The other versions were announced back in June.

Agree, Hollow Knight is pretty good if you haven't played any of the castlevania metroidvanias.

Those are good too. But generally way too easy. I really liked the sense of exploration in Hollow Knight. They did it better than any other Metroidvania outside of the Metroid games. And I really enjoyed the difficulty.

Last edited:
I've played quite a few metroidvania type games and Hollow Knight is up there among the best for me. It does start out slow, but gets really good later on.
Has a great mix of some tough platforming and tough bosses. Palace of Pain (I think that was what it was called) was a highlight for me.

Orpheum

Hollow knight is such an amazing game. And i'm glad to hear this will be available on Playstation on release. There was always the feeling it would hit other consoles besides switch a year later

Blasphemous was a joke compared to the difficulty and mild skill required to kill some of the bosses in Hollow Knight... ok it was mostly patience and basic pattern recognition, but gamers call that skill.

Also Blasphemous' shitty art style wasn't great, nor was it's level design.
I'm going to say I mildly agree with you. I definitely like Blasphemous, but it's art and level design was not on Hollow Knight's level.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Perfect answer! I'm not willing to reward the devs for this game. Fuck them. I'll wait to play it for free on Game Pass. Sony, release it on your sub service or else I'm waiting to play it for free.
Why does everybody act like developers don’t get a choice to be on a service or get compensated for it?

If someone chooses to wait instead of purchase then that’s their choice. They are still supporting the developers if it goes on the service.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

are you ok? you do realize devs get paid for their games on gamepass right

I need to finish the 1st one , i love it , i love the music , the atmosphere but all i do is get lost ! Always fucking lost or die and get frustrated and move on to something else . But i still love it 😀

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
First one was too hard for me to enjoy. I played and enjoyed playing all souls games for example, and I never got as frustrated there as in Hollow Knight. I don't know exactly why that is, because on paper I should love this.

Expected but the confirmation is welcome nonetheless. Loved the first game, this is day 1 whenever it launches on PS5, hopefully it has some solid DualSense implementation, it can add so much to a game.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The wait for this game has been so long, the first of big the three to announce the official release date during one of their presentations is gonna win the generation, lol.

HK is a strange one. Objectively excellent on all fronts, but with many design choices that can understandably turn off a player.

Top Bottom