• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy SHIT Transformers a Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
check this Vehicle to autonomous biped robot conversion for the Mini Cooper r50.

Robot Stopping a Car

Robot tracking ball

more here

photo_2.jpg

page12_fullbody_full.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What in the world....I watched that thing like 10 times and I still don't know what to say.

I have no idea what that thing is, but it needs to be in the Transformers movie. I thought they would have to just make them CG so it wouldn't look lame, but that thing looked awesome.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Fake or not, I love it. How was it done?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I think its cause no one expects an old guy to be pulling a internet joke, but it is fake and old, i remember a couple of the videos have some glaring errors in the rendering.

If the transformers movie looks that good ill be happy :D

aoi tsuki

Looks really fake. The movement of the robot is much too smooth for anything built today by hobbyists, and it entered the crouch position much too confidently. Also, if this had been real, the creator probably would've opted for a car that was programmed with a set acceloration speed. There's too much variation in human control, and the slightest variance would've been too much for the robot. The bot looks too shiny too, unless this is one of the Mini Coopers from Gran Tourismo.

If i'm wrong, i take everything back, but it was really disappointing because i saw the motion tracking videos a while back and thought how cool it was that a hobbyist had recreated what companies like Panasonic had done years ago.

lordmrw

As soon as i saw Transformers in the title, it reminded me of the episode of Family Guy last night when they go to a Jewish church, and Optimus Prime comes in, transforms, and puts his smock on his head.

DaveH

Very old... this is a "subversive" advertisment campaign. I think there was an article on it in Wired two or three issues back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom