• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Home Movies' = 'O'Grady'? Anyone watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm pissed that Home Movies no longer airs on Adult Swim. Was not that show popular???

But anyways, I was watching The-N (a.k.a. Noggin), and saw this one show called O'Grady. It's hilarious. And while watching, I immediately recognized some of the voices that were on Home Movies. And sure enough, after looking at the credits, there is some voice talent from Home Movies.

ogh_abby_220x130.jpg
ogh_beth_220x130.jpg
ogh_kevin_220x130.jpg
ogh_harold_220x130.jpg

ogh_578x095.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
LOL...I just checked my program guide and it says that it DOES come on (at 1:30).

I'm in the bed by then (since my job starts at 8:00 :))

Home Movies still airs, but it was cancelled months ago. O'Grady features H. Jon Benjamin (McGuirk/Perry/Jason) and Melissa Bardin Galsky (Melissa) from HM but has nothing to do with Brendon Small, the creator/producer/writer/music/voice/etc. of HM. I saw an episode of O'Grady as well and found it to be nearly unwatchable. Matt Harrigan (used to work on Space Ghost C2C) and Holly Schlesinger (ex Home Movies) are also involved, but no Brendon = no sale. The connection is that Soup2Nuts animates both shows.

He is actually developing some sort of crazy show for Sci Fi that he describes as a cross between Lord of the Rings and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sometimes he pops up on Reno 911 too... more info at his blog: http://www.brendonsmall.com

hobbitx

I thought O'grady was awful, it uses that same goofy style of rambling comedy the other shows use, but this show's dialogue is just awful. I tried to watch this for like 10 minutes and nearly vomitted. Too bad they didn't use Brendan, he's on that BET show "Hey Monie" now, his character is pretty funny.

Jim Bowie

The one AS show I really miss was Welcome to Eltingville. Did anybody else catch it? They had ONE episode and then it got canned. It was made by the guy that made Milk and Cheese, and the theme song was done by The Aquabats. How could it fail!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom