• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undeux

Money sent. Good luck with this HJ, it sounds like a really awful situation, but you can definitely come out of it stronger. Also, yet again, soultron is completely awesome for helping out like this.

Meadows

Banned
soultron said:
You guys are too fast for me!

$750!

EDIT: If HJ approves, there will be many pictures. I'll try to do some youtube stuff if I can do that. (Does a BB curve let you upload its regular video format to youtube?)

If I see a youtube video of him after he gets the job I might actually cry.

soultron

Banned
$770. Again, thanks to everyone who has donated.

It amazes me to think that people from all over the world have donated. We've even had people donating from different developers/publishers.

Meadows

Banned
soultron said:
$770. Again, thanks to everyone who has donated.

It amazes me to think that people from all over the world have donated. We've even had people donating from different developers/publishers.

Wow really! Gaming industry is reppin' today.

armubaba

Wow. This is a freaking feel-good thread if I ever saw one. Did not expect this from GAF.

Silent_Echo said:
No, I got my tag because I'm not a bleeding heart liberal like most gaffers here that cry foul everytime police officers use force because they chose not to understand why the police officers were justified in doing the things that they did.

Instead they cry fuck the police and how all officers abuse their authority without understanding what they can and can't legally do.

Go away.

soultron

Banned
HJ, please let me know if you have a paypal account, that way I can just dump the funds into your account.

Otherwise we'll have to use mine. I'm not transferring the funds into my account unless I hear back from you.

EDIT: For everyone who's donated money, kind words and/or advice, I think I can confidently say that today is a day we can all be proud to be GAF members.

soultron

Banned
Thanks for everyone still PMing. I've sent the email/PP account info to HJ since I will be writing an exam for the next 3 hours.

PM either HJ or myself if you'd like to donate.

Thanks again for your support thus far.

Bit-Bit

Dammit, I just had to transfer funds into my paypal account. It will take a few days but I hope I can help out.

I am sure there is alot more to the story then is posted.

You better start kissing some parental ass. My GF got kicked out for years being a smart ass to her mom. But her dad took her in... Cant imagine having a girl kicked out on to the streets of New Jersey... specially with her little cute butt :lol

Meadows

Banned
SnakeSlashRO said:
I am sure there is alot more to the story then is posted.

You better start kissing some parental ass. My GF got kicked out for years being a smart ass to her mom. But her dad took her in... Cant imagine having a girl kicked out on to the streets of New Jersey... specially with her little cute butt :lol

You should read the thread :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This thread started out so sadly, and now it's turned into an amazing story about how people can really be truly good and help each other out. It's so great.

+11 humanity rating

Imagine expecting to fend off regular internet assholes and attempt to soak in the small nuggets of useful hopeful advice and kind words from a forum ... then in a matter of 24 hours seeing hundreds of people rally behind you not only in words but financial support... just cause they be good people.

Seriously GAF... impressive.

*golf claps*

minx

Soultrans and HJ's genius get rich quick scheme!

I kidd, there are some really nice people out there.

Spl1nter

I think once all is said and done someone should compile a nice little news story and submit it to citytv, ctv, cbc, etc.... Maybe someone can atleast blog it and then submit the story to digg, reddit. The internet can be a good place, ofcourse until HJ and soultrain put the money in the bank and head off to the bahamas :lol

I don't know what's more impressive, gaf's rallying, soultron's kindness, or how down to earth and driven the OP seems to be--wouldn't have been surprised if he'd have turned out OK without any help. I hope what little I can give makes his turnaround that much easier though, glad to do anything towards helping someone so willing to help themselves.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Spl1nter said:
I think once all is said and done someone should compile a nice little news story and submit it to citytv, ctv, cbc, etc.... Maybe someone can atleast blog it and then submit the story to digg, reddit. The internet can be a good place, ofcourse until HJ and soultrain put the money in the bank and head off to the bahamas :lol
Let's send it to Fox news. I'm sure they would spin it in a positive light.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
This thread really changed from when I just had read the first page...wow.

Soul, you rock.

I remember when I was down and out, an inch away from being homeless, living on flour and water for food and staying with friends. Someone reached out to me, got my life turned around, and I have been a changed man ever since (And we have been life-long friends)

I used to worry a lot about what people think, but an experience like I had humbles you and gives you a real appreciation for life.

PM sent, donation to follow when I get the info!

Good luck!!

I'll give some money, this is a good cause as we *know* the guy from common viewpoints.

I don't really donate normally, but I will this time

/is too lazy to search for donation info..who gat a link?

Redd

You guys on Gaf can be so awesome sometimes. It's nice to read threads like these where even though we joke alot here we're still nice when someones having a tough time in life. HJ now you know you have to graduate.

Canova

Banned
Mr Pockets said:
This thread really changed from when I just had read the first page...wow.

Soul, you rock.

I remember when I was down and out, an inch away from being homeless, living on flour and water for food and staying with friends. Someone reached out to me, got my life turned around, and I have been a changed man ever since (And we have been life-long friends)

I used to worry a lot about what people think, but an experience like I had humbles you and gives you a real appreciation for life.

PM sent, donation to follow when I get the info!

Good luck!!

seems like many of us have been in a similar situation.

I was an international student. I was 2 years into my college years, when I got kicked out of the dorm, because of unpaid tuition. I absolutely had no clue what to do or where to go, a foreign student in a foreign land. I begged the property manager to let me stay, but they said no, and said I had 48 hours to pack my stuff. Confused, I just went back to my dorm room and cried and cried.

I went out that evening to get wasted with a few friends. Then one of the guys, a guy I hardly hung out with, offered me a place a stay. I ended up staying with him for 5 months till I got back on my feet. He helped me with a lot other stuff in the course of 5 months.

I couldn't thank him enough, without him I wouldn't be where I am at today. He's one of the very few people that really played a major role in my life

canova said:
seems like many of us have been in a similar situation.

I am actually amazed by the amount of people who posted similar experiences. Makes me even more great full of the loving family I have.

I really hope HJ gets back on his feet soon, and it seems like he will :D

Rayme

!!!
Be careful. Chrome is warning me that this page contains potentially-harmful elements from "www.stug.us". Other pages don't do that.
!!!

Anyhow:

If anybody needs the paypal donation email (managed by Soultron), PM me. He may have already gone off to his exams (which means he's afk for a few hours).

(But PM him, too! That way I can't secretly steer you to my own paypal account, muhahah....)

Rayme said:
!!!
Be careful. Chrome is warning me that this page contains potentially-harmful elements from "www.stug.us". Other pages don't do that.
!!!

Mr Pocket's monkey avatar is causing that. Not much to worry about I think.

He came here broke with no home, no food, not even his guitar. 24 hours later he goes to the bank to his +$700.

Meus to be homeless in 3...2...1

vooglie

Someone made a thread the other day about the negative effects of the internet: to him I say, WHAT NOW??

Glad to see you're getting back on your feet William; hopefully you land that job and have a stable home and income.

I haven't been able to donate yet because soultron is being totally self absorbed right now with his exams (I kid), so hopefully soon. But don't worry about paying it back. And I think I speak for most people when I say this: they'd just be happy to know that you're doing well and the money has gone to genuinely helping someone.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Meadows said:
COMMUNIST ONLINE FORUM UNDERMINES CAPITALISM'S INTEGRITY - MORE AT 11
Its canada and union-city, we have no capitalist integrity.

that said, the people suggesting news outlets are being cruel, don't you guys know Hamilton has its own station? call CHCH you buggers. they created the red green show, show some respect!

Awesome job everyone! This is by far the greatest thread I have read on GAF. Hopefully the mods send this one to the archives.

Best of luck with the pizza gig HJ!

Ecto311

Right when I think this place is nothing but tired 4chan memes, lame animated gifs, awkward girl-age threads, bitching about game prices/systems/reviews/developers it pulls some good shit like this and totally redeems its self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom