• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Wow. I never get emotional, but I'm almost teary eyed from reading this thread. I guess there really are nice people in the world. Soultron IS the man.

I'd donate, but I got no moniez in my paypal account :(

Beardz

soultron said:
~1040 on my last estimate. Seriously guys, stop being so fucking GENEROUS ALREADY!

GOD!

Just kidding. I love you.

But, seriously, HJ is saying that he's good right now. Start donating to charity, people!

:lol

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Wow, i just stubmled on this thread, this is fucking awesome.
Also, i ate pizza today, because Friday is fucking pizza day but still i like to think it has more meaning now ;]

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Cindres said:
Wow, i just stubmled on this thread, this is fucking awesome.
Also, i ate pizza today, because Friday is fucking pizza day but still i like to think it has more meaning now ;]
:lol what the fuck, I also had Pizza.

I got one of those small pizzas from Pizza Hut that comes with the three breadsticks for lunch! HA!

bengraven said:
Hey GAF, what's YOUR contribution to society?
Wouldn't it be cool that if every year, GAF would choose a few places to donate for charity? I think that would be pretty awesome. I am not sure if it would be allowed, but I think it would be extremely neat.

bengraven

Rewrite said:
Wouldn't it be cool that if every year, GAF would choose a few places to donate for charity? I think that would be pretty awesome. I am not sure if it would be allowed, but I think it would be extremely neat.

Don't we do that already? Maybe it was just that one year to spite Jeff Bell.

We should most definitely do it this year. My God, we can get 1000 dollars together in 24 hours for just one man, imagine what we could do for a charity?

Broseybrose

BruceLeeRoy said:
Soultron your a testament to the human race.
corny as it sounds, people helping people is the only way were going to survive in this mad world...

soultron, i have serious respect for you for stepping to the plate and helping your fellow man.

and hurricanejesus, when you do get yourself settled and set up youll be better off than ever. good luck and fight hard for it.

HurricaneJesus said:
One wall has 3 large windows, and the owner said you can see the skyline on a good day.

That's SO freaking awesome! Those kind of rooms with large windows always have great landscapes. Take a picture of the view or i'll be really mad at you :p

Rewrite said:

Also this! Would be a really freaking great idea and not that expensive since it's only 1 time a year. Count me in if anyone wants to do it!

Also, what the hell happened to your avatar :lol It's better now though :p

Gianny

Go to the largest hospital in your area and just seat in the ER. They have free WiFI also. I see some people doing that around here. Sometimes they get a meal.

:') good luck HJ. i fuckin <3 this thread. out of all the hot chicks, lady gaga's penis, latest movie, and video game threads i came in here first to see what has been goin on.

LOVE all of you Gaf and ill be having a beer for you later HJ :D

Meadows

Banned
This thread is the single best thing on the internet. Sure HJ has a way to go, but man, a load of strangers got up together to help a guy out with a job, shelter, and 1000 dollars.

It's things like this that make me less jaded about anonymity and online communities.

:D

HurricaneJesus said:
CliffyB felt bad about when I complained about Gears 2. We're even, Cliff.

Good to hear you're back on your feet pal!

Hahah, I remember when we would play Gears of War 2 and talk about all of its flaws. :D

Hope things continue to go well! Best of luck!

this is the first thread i've EVER read all the way through. absolutely breathtaking what this community does for its members who are in need. Over 1000$ in a series of days, wow!

@HJ: i'm glad that this has worked out in such an unbelievable way, i hope you love your new place and are able to finish up college
@Soultron: youve given me a great deal of hope

-Amon-

m bookmarking this so i'm sure i'll have something to read when i'll be in need to restore my faith in humanity,

You guys rock, really.

soultron

Banned
Okay guys, here's a tally.

In the end:

45 donors contributed to HJ's paypal cause.
~1200 was raised.
1 Lease was signed.
2-X job interviews were arranged.
X amount of friends were made.

Thanks to everyone. I'm taking video and stuff as we go. It looks like HJ might be staying until he moves out in September since my room mates met and approved of him.

In fact, here's a video now!

EDIT: Please do not PM me regarding paypal information anymore. You guys have already done a great deal! PM any personal advice to HurricaneJesus directly now!

Meadows

Banned
soultron said:
Okay guys, here's a tally.

In the end:

45 donors contributed to HJ's paypal cause.
~1200 was raised.
1 Lease was signed.
2-X job interviews were arranged.
X amount of friends were made.

Thanks to everyone. I'm taking video and stuff as we go. It looks like HJ might be staying until he moves out in September since my room mates met and approved of him.

In fact, here's a video now!

And with that, I can go to sleep with a great big smile on my face. Later guys, it's been a helluva day.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Hurricane/William is definitely a shy guy. So happy that you're doing well and have interviews lined up :)

mosaic

go eat paint
Jesus, I spend all day telling people to pay their bills and ordering repos, and you guys counteract that bad karma buy rescuing a dude from homelessness.

Kudos.

bengraven

All right, look.

I've been keeping the smiles and tears away from this thread because while I'm incredibly happy about this, I did worry things wouldn't work out completely as planned.

But now I have a massive grin after watching this video and I'm really glad you two seem to be getting along great. This is seriously the best end to a really shitty week on my part (heart attack scare and got myself hit by a car).

Keep it real you guys.

And by the way, if I had donated $50 before the donations ended (and if I had it actually...) I would totally say go grab a fuckin' game and get some playing on - you wouldn't have had to worry about that on my end. :lol

You know how sometimes you think that this board (and many others) is filled with mostly japes. Well I still think so but it's great to know that the thought that there will always be some great people around somewhere is confirmed.

Great stuff. I am impressed.

Good luck with everything.

soultron

Banned
I'll be working on getting a list of donors together so that HJ can respond to you guys personally, if he feels so inclined. It might take me a while. I'm exhausted from studying, so it won't be up until tomorrow or Sunday at the earliest.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
applause.gif

If you didn't cap donations I'd be donating right about now. Similar thing happened to my friend awhile back and thankfully he's back on his feet and at college. If you ever want to take your mind off of things and play a game or two of COD4, my Gamertag/PSN is the same as my username. Good luck HJ and you sure are one awesome person Soultron!

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Great job GAF, wish I had seen this thread earlier. I am still willing to donate if needed.

xelv

I just wanted to say that this has been incredible. Now I know that there is people out there willing to help for sure. HJ, I hope everything works out and you finish that major. Soultron, I tip my hat to you, sir. You're not a rich guy, and you're helping this guy out. That's admirable. I also wanted to thank all the people that donated to his account, that's an awesome thing to do for a fellow Gaffer in need. It certainly makes me feel proud to be member of this forum. :D

Canova

Banned
HJ seems like a nice guy. I'm glad that we can help him. HJ, go finish your major, I know you can do it.

Soultron, bless your heart. It's easy for us to donate money, but to actually do all these for a stranger, to take him into your house, to help him find a job, etc. is something else. Hats off to you, good karma will pay you back many times-fold

I wish the 2 of you best of luck.

EDIT: ...and where are the freaking mods? they need to archive this already, usually it's not hard to find them

Dizzy-4U

Oh man, I've been obssesed with this all day. It's a relief that everything is going fine. I need to get some sleep, I think I never F5s this much in my life :lol

I'll be honest, I've only read the first and last page of this thread but from what I see GAF pulled through and helped out. This helps give me some faith in humanity. Serious kudos to all those helped. This truly is the brighter side of the Internet. Wish you goodwills, HJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom