• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Call of the Mountain: Hands-On Impressions

8BiTw0LF

Banned

Last edited:
6fd3ab6023cc05fda262cf5f3677c2bbd1d3c73b-scaled.jpg

Polygon:
Last week, I tried Sony's new headset for the first time and was caught off guard by how stunning two of its marquee games, Horizon Call of the Mountain and Resident Evil Village, looked. They didn't rely on particles or stylized art direction; they looked like AAA console games that just happened to be in VR. The past few years of playing Quest had recalibrated my expectations for how VR games should appear, and it was great to see games pushing forward visually once again without requiring an elaborate setup.
Sony having one hell of a week right now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Why are they not showing it in SOP though? :|
VR doesn't really demo well in trailers. Just going to see floating hands looking weird, camera moving erratically, and graphics below what other top games are (even if it's very good graphics for VR, it still has to run at high res/framerate). VR is usually marketed through word of mouth like this. If you're experienced with VR, you can still get a good impression from trailers. If you're entirely new to it, you'll probably think it looks odd.

Last edited:

Salz01

Let me know if Alyx comes to psvr2, or a game on psvr2 surpasses Alyx. Until then, such claims like “looks like a triple AAA game” is kind of moot. Because compared to what? Current Oculus game look decent, but nothing like Alyx.

AndrewRyan

In the first video he talks about using his eyes to select menu options in Horizon. Really hope he's using only his eyes and not his head. Can't wait to try using just my eyes! :)

The haptic feedback in the headset sounds very helpful to feel which direction shots are coming. The dualsense triggers are going to be great. Not planning to buy PSVR2 due to the cables but still, looks very intriguing.

Top Bottom