• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can I check if a Steam game has family sharing?

TVexperto

Hi there,

I wanted to check if Starfield on Steam has the option of family sharing, I heard you can share with a family member and then they can play if on their own and their own savegame if you are offline. However there seems to be no indication of that on any steam game page, is there a way to check if a game has that feature?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All games on Steam have this feature, unless the dev specifically disables it (usually it's disabled for things like MMOs or games that require a third party app like Ubisoft stuff).

If you install the Augmented Steam extension, it will put a warning banner on the store page if the dev has specifically disabled it. You can also check on SteamDB.

Also - since Starfield is still a pre-release game, keep in mind that Bethesda might wait until an hour before it launches to actually change that option on their end.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like they've already flagged it as "family sharing disabled", so get ready to buy two copies.

CxGG5WR.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom