• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How does Rockstar not see the television potential with the Red Dead series?

Soooooooo I don't now where you are getting the idea that my comment is based on any objective fact or claim, I made it more then clear this is simply speculation.

Yea bud, you taking this a bit to personal lol Pretend? The fuck are you talking about? lol

"Yeah sure, whatever you guys wanna argue about " lol

With all the money that is being made from streaming and all the record being broken on many platforms, it would be weird to act as if publishers aren't looking on how to extract more value from their IP, its fair to speculate on and not this wild hot take to be so offended by lol

We going to have to put you on ignore man, 99% of what you are posting is just unnecessary as you are making it sound like we killed your dog and we are coming back for the puppies (can't let them grow up looking for revenge doe) lolz

just an example....and this is all speculation. They can always make more money and with the streaming wars, they have many companies that would fully fund something like that with the right pitch.

Gaming making more doesn't mean they'd close out all other media options or something.
Lmao. I’m taking our convo personal? Heh. Have fun with the drama but I’m gonna tap out. Have a good one.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Everything is going to be a TV show. Copy, paste, money printer goes brrrrrr.

lol pretty much.

With the streaming wars going on, Apple, Disney, Netflix, Amazon, HBO etc are all going to be bidding like crazy on those IP, so I expect lots of publishers to come out of the woodwork with their IP trying to make it a show, regardless if it fits or not.

I am hype about that Fallout show though lol, people seem to love that Castlevania show too, but I didn't get a chance to check it out.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
OP is right.

Westerns are cheap AF to make and the Red Dead name might be enough to get the kids into theaters.

Or just go watch the far superior Deadwood series.

Philfrag

Banned
The last thing TV needs to be doing is appealing to emotionally unstable grown men. That's the internets job

ACESHIGH

Banned
Rockstar doesn't see the potential in a simple RDR Remaster for consoles and most of all PC... GTA Online will be their cash cow forever. I bet even GTA 6 online will be canibalized by GTA Online. The game runs everywhere while the new version will only run properly on high end rigs. You are leaving lots of people out, and what more can they do besides add better graphics?

I couldn't care less for another western TV show. On the flip side, Red Dead 3 should go back to its roots and be a spaghetti western. I know Rockstar didn't even really make RDRevolver, but a spaghetti western type world with inauthentic history, populated with weird and comic book characters, filled with uneven Italian accents, sexy women, taking place in the Spanish countryside pretending its America would ben even more fun, especially because I can't really imagine topping RDR2 in terms of simulation and authenticity.

fallingdove

The first episode of a Red Dead series would put viewers into such a deep sleep that work would stop, children would become feral, and cats would achieve world domination.

Top Bottom