• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How everyone reacted to the game awards nominees! - MightyKeef

GHG

Does it though? 🤔

Alan Wake wrote it into existence.

Vintage Type GIF by US National Archives

And so it is so.

Last edited:
Lol I thought he took audio directly from Alan Wake 2, but then he started talking about Starfield. He does a good Alan impression.

The Alan Wake part was kind of funny. There is potential in the rest but the writing is not there. Never seen his videos, are they all like this? Is he the 76ers Doc Rivers guy? I think that’s someone else.

Can someone explain “Xbox tax” to me? Never heard the phrase until the discord crew started mocking Starfield/TGA recently.

The Alan Wake part was kind of funny. There is potential in the rest but the writing is not there. Never seen his videos, are they all like this? Is he the 76ers Doc Rivers guy? I think that’s someone else.

Can someone explain “Xbox tax” to me? Never heard the phrase until the discord crew started mocking Starfield/TGA recently.
Some Xbox diehards firmly believe that Xbox games lose points in reviews purely because they are Xbox games.

graywolf323

it was trending on Twitter and it wasn’t from people making fun of it but…
Uh Huh Sure GIF

Rand is seriously pushing it and the comments are full of Xbox fans who believe this BS, it’s like Griffin Gaming pointed out the disconnect from these same people who wouldn’t shut up about “Metacritic Publisher of the Year 2022” is mind-bogglingly dumb

Some Xbox diehards firmly believe that Xbox games lose points in reviews purely because they are Xbox games.

Just typical console war nonsense that exists everywhere and always has. Got it.

Hell we have people here who claim there is an “Xbox Tax” on reviews that slant scores the opposite way. There’s just been numerous videos posted here recently talking about “Xbox tax” so I didn’t know where it was coming from. Thanks.

X-Wing

it was trending on Twitter and it wasn’t from people making fun of it but…
Uh Huh Sure GIF

Rand is seriously pushing it and the comments are full of Xbox fans who believe this BS, it’s like Griffin Gaming pointed out the disconnect from these same people who wouldn’t shut up about “Metacritic Publisher of the Year 2022” is mind-bogglingly dumb

Who the fuck even listens to these idiots?
I listened for 2 minutes I heard "Final Fantasy XVI is NOT AN RPG" and it was all I needed to hear to know it wasn't worth wasting my time with it.

Fabieter

We have several badly scores nintendo and PlayStation games throughout the generations. The Xbox tax seems like a tool to me to dismiss any kind of critism which is insane.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
We have several badly scores nintendo and PlayStation games throughout the generations. The Xbox tax seems like a tool to me to dismiss any kind of critism which is insane.
On the contrary, Xbox games often get higher scores just for trying.

There is no world where Starfield scores an 83, the same score as Ghost of Tsushima on PS4. Or where Halo Infinite scores 87, a point higher than the absolute masterpiece that is Returnal.

Fabieter

On the contrary, Xbox games often get higher scores just for trying.

There is no world where Starfield scores an 83, the same score as Ghost of Tsushima on PS4. Or where Halo Infinite scores 87, a point higher than the absolute masterpiece that is Returnal.

Wasn't Xbox also metacritic publisher of the year two years ago. Such a selective memory

Top Bottom