• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How it looks Diablo 2 Remastered with Unreal Engine

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I'm happy to finally share this with you guys. It took me a long time to get here. There is still much work to be done to finish the whole town, but I couldn't wait anymore :) This has been a project of mine at Vertex school, an online Bootcamp for 3d artists. A big thank you for everyone there for all the help and guidance. I hoped that the diablo franchise would go in a different direction like warcraft did form RTS to MMO. I'm still hyped for d4 don't get me wrong :) So my idea was to do a remake of a diablo environment for a game that was not ARPG Isometric view but something else. Maybe a god of war type or first-person roguelike game. This is what I imagined, and I'm happy how it looks. I hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
I mean, it might not of taken you so long if you didn't have your GAF addiction... Though, I'm still not sure you aren't just some sort of cutting edge bot, which would mean this was made with machine learning. That would explain why you are everywhere and how you post so many relevant topics so fast as well...

Good job btw. That looks awesome. What are you going to be doing with this when it's all finished?

Gandih42

Looks super cool man, congrats!

I think it would've been very interesting if they had gone in a different direction genre wise with Diablo like you suggest. I would like it if the occasional franchise had the courage to do that, although I get why that's a rare occurrence.

Also I gotta say, I find that the original graphics still hold up really well. Could be nostalgia speaking but the atmosphere of the original is so strong. It's like there are some things that don't translate well to modern 3D graphics (or maybe rather change fundamentally in other ways)

Thanati

I'm happy to finally share this with you guys. It took me a long time to get here. There is still much work to be done to finish the whole town, but I couldn't wait anymore :) This has been a project of mine at Vertex school, an online Bootcamp for 3d artists. A big thank you for everyone there for all the help and guidance. I hoped that the diablo franchise would go in a different direction like warcraft did form RTS to MMO. I'm still hyped for d4 don't get me wrong :) So my idea was to do a remake of a diablo environment for a game that was not ARPG Isometric view but something else. Maybe a god of war type or first-person roguelike game. This is what I imagined, and I'm happy how it looks. I hope you guys like it!

Dude, this is insanely good! It’s better than diablo 3!

amazing work.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Wow good job OP!
I mean, it might not of taken you so long if you didn't have your GAF addiction... Though, I'm still not sure you aren't just some sort of cutting edge bot, which would mean this was made with machine learning. That would explain why you are everywhere and how you post so many relevant topics so fast as well...

Good job btw. That looks awesome. What are you going to be doing with this when it's all finished?
Looks super cool man, congrats!

I think it would've been very interesting if they had gone in a different direction genre wise with Diablo like you suggest. I would like it if the occasional franchise had the courage to do that, although I get why that's a rare occurrence.

Also I gotta say, I find that the original graphics still hold up really well. Could be nostalgia speaking but the atmosphere of the original is so strong. It's like there are some things that don't translate well to modern 3D graphics (or maybe rather change fundamentally in other ways)
Great work OP!
The comment from the op is a copy-paste from the youtube video. Is not my job i want to be clear.

Part of the magic of D2, for me, was its hand crafted environments, felt like playing a relief on a cursed temple wall... But good effort mate :)

plank

To think that the first game in this series was the inspiration for Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom