• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Long is Pikmin 2?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I just sold my gc and I want to beat pikmin 2 before I turn it over in about 2 days. I've logged 13.18 hours and just paid off the debt. It seems like more stuff will happen though if I keep playing, how far till end from here? Don't know why I stopped playing this when I got it.

Amir0x

Banned
catfish said:
I just sold my gc and I want to beat pikmin 2 before I turn it over in about 2 days. I've logged 13.18 hours and just paid off the debt. It seems like more stuff will happen though if I keep playing, how far till end from here? Don't know why I stopped playing this when I got it.

You paid off your debt? And did you unlock all the levels (there aren't many)? It shouldn't take too long. If you dedicate a a few hours (without using a guide) you should be able to beat it before 2 days are up. I don't know how many of the items you collected using your Pikmin so I can't tell you how many are left, but just check the numbers at the bottom of each level before you enter them and make note of what is left.

AND PLEASE DO

Pikmin 2 = GOTY 2004.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
don't know if this should even require spoilers but.

louie is gone now and I need to find him, is finding him the end objective? from the overworld I have 4 unlocked, 1 unlocks when the mayor comes back after the movie

should I be trying to complete entire levels, collect everything from each dungeon to finish?

Stryder

Go for 100% man, I need to get around to doing the same, I think I 100% completed 3 of the 4 levels and just have to do the last.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
i'll try but I'm not sure I have time, I want the absolute fastest way to see any more movies if there are any.

Amir0x

Banned
catfish said:
i'll try but I'm not sure I have time, I want the absolute fastest way to see any more movies if there are any.

Awww, Pikmin is a relaxing game. Just sit back and see what you can do. Collecting everything that's left shouldn't take too long. Definitely within 2 days. If you're efficient you can do is super quickly, though.

Love the game, catfish :(

Stryder

If the movies are all you want to complete the game for then don't bother, don't you just want to play the game more and more for the sheer fun involved in collecting more items and raiding more dungeons?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Stryder said:
If the movies are all you want to complete the game for then don't bother, don't you just want to play the game more and more for the sheer fun involved in collecting more items and raiding more dungeons?

yes sure, but the thing is I'm selling my GC due to moving, not due to not liking or wanting to be done with it. I want to see what happens at the end but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to play it enough for 100% completion. have an exam to study for as well and a bunch more stuff to sell and organise. so I want to see SOMETHING. Given those restrictions I'm sure you get where I am coming from.

Stryder

Yeah I do, hmm, have you completed the levels that you have done? when I played it I would 100% one land before moving onto the next, have you been doing it like this? If so, and you have one land remining, perhaps maybe only 4-5 hours you'll need to complete that last one?

I'm sorry I can't tell you if there is a bonus movie or anything at 100% of everything, I've been slack in regards to trying to complete it as well.

Rlan

Don't you have to finish the challenges at pink flower to unlock a movie?

Also, unless you have been boosting the amount of Purple Pikmin you have, you'll have a hard time getting EVERYTHING [One item requires 1000 power]

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Ah, Pikmin 2 is a wonderful little game. I'm stuck at the last boss with very few pikmins though. :( Haven't bothered to try finishing it again...it's been a few months.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Rlan said:
Don't you have to finish the challenges at pink flower to unlock a movie?

Also, unless you have been boosting the amount of Purple Pikmin you have, you'll have a hard time getting EVERYTHING [One item requires 1000 power]

:(

I've got about 6 purple pikmin.

I heard that
louie has some secret.

I just want to get louie back, I will count that as the end given my timeframe.

I believe I had over 20 hours of gameplay in when I unlocked the area that you unlock after beating the game. Awesome game.

I believe you can go straight to the "final boss" in one of the holes in the Wistful Wild, where
Louie is held captive
. I think they expect you to get all of the treasures for the final movie though.

Memles

I enjoyed what I played of Pikmin 2, but I more or less just paid off the debt and then got frustrated with the final level for some reason. I just wasn't enjoying it that much, to be honest with you, and the dungeons aren't exactly my favorite part of the game by any stretch of the imagination. It's a really good game, and definitely more varied than the original title, but I still prefer the laid back exteriors to the dungeons, and knowing that a dungeon is what lays ahead of me I'm not too motivated to complete it.

Vlad

Memles said:
I enjoyed what I played of Pikmin 2, but I more or less just paid off the debt and then got frustrated with the final level for some reason. I just wasn't enjoying it that much, to be honest with you, and the dungeons aren't exactly my favorite part of the game by any stretch of the imagination. It's a really good game, and definitely more varied than the original title, but I still prefer the laid back exteriors to the dungeons, and knowing that a dungeon is what lays ahead of me I'm not too motivated to complete it.

Ditto here. I've still got a save sitting with two dungeons in the last area that I can't even bring myself to start, as they're just way too mind-numbingly boring.

That, and the removal of the time limit really brought the game way below the level of the first one for me.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Memles said:

Thats what happenened to me as well. Try going back to it, I went back after a few months and it's surprisingly fun now for some reason. I even went back to dungeons I completed just to get 1 more treasure. I really wish I had have started this a week ago now so I could see the end :(

so when you rescue louie, no movie? When do I get to see what I heard described as "louies horrible secret"
?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Speevy said:
You're fast. I beat the whole game in just under 40 hours.

Yeah it looks like I have done roughly half of the objectives, I'm also a horrible God, I've got something like 434 dead pikmin out of 800 born.

They get treated rough, but they are HARDCORE.

Top Bottom