• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you check the ban history page?

How often do you check the ban history page?

• Every time I check GAF

• Once a week

• Twice a week

• Weekends only

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raven117

Gold Member
I would like to thank the mods for banning Cockatrice (sp) but not banning me for responding pretty aggressively to some of his posts. I’ll try and just flag in the future instead of lighting into someone. That child just got on my nerves more than most.

Last edited:

Holammer

I don't check regularly at all, except when there's talk of someone getting banned, like now.
Oh hey, not long till Rotif's timeout is over.

Topher

Gold Member
Every day I look for Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Varteras

Gold Member
I can usually predict who will be banned, it’s just a matter of time to see it reflected in the list, so fun to check in on it once in a while.

Same. I usually note how combative a poster is. Then it's just a matter of how many warnings and temporary bans they get. The outcome is almost always the same.

Virtually all of the warnings and infractions I've received were because I treated them the way they treated others. Only to watch them get perma bans not long after.

Nydius

Gold Member
I check it almost every day to see if I’m on it. But then I remember if I was on it, I’d get a full page notice. 🤣

Edit
Please bring Senjutsu Sage back man. Gaf is not the same without him.

Follow him on X/Twitter. He posts most of the same stuff there he would post here. I, personally, don’t miss him and if I want to get his batshit crazy take on something Xbox related, I know where to look. 🤷

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I'll only check it when I'm in a thread and see someone I recognize has a new strikethrough on their name. Like today when I saw some new ones come through from what I think went down in the Dr. Disrespect thread.

dorkimoe

i checked it just once after i got an infraction to see if the mods names were listed on that page, Feel like the mods should have to put their names on infractions so i know which one to avoid (unless it was you evilore then i accept) :)

Last edited:
The only time I see bans is when threads are necro bumped they contain lots and lots of banned posters. Don't even need to look at the dates, just the line through the name.

SHA

Theres many that check just to see if I have been banned yet, then left sad to see im still here pushing my extremist Xbox views on everyone 💪💪💪
Any reasons for liking xbox?
Me, asymmetrical sticks
Shooters,
Wrpgs,
PC games on Xbox,
Formerly an online player,
Backward compatibility,
Sales.

DAHGAMING

Any reasons for liking xbox?
Me, asymmetrical sticks
Shooters,
Wrpgs,
PC games on Xbox,
Formerly an online player,
Backward compatibility,
Sales.

Pretty much the same as yourself, I like all systems realy but I do main Xbox, I did think to ise my my PS5 for my multi platform system this gen but still stuck with Xbox, seem to get the games quite abit cheaper.

• Strength
Reactions: SHA

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I didn't even know this existed!

I'd love to see the stats of the frequency of bans from like ~15-20 years ago versus now.

nush

Gold Member
eel like the mods should have to put their names on infractions so i know which one to avoid

Mods have normie accounts they spend most of their time posting on. So, play nice that poster you are giving shit to could be a mod Alt.

Goalus

"Console warrior and gamepass shill"
"Over 14 warnings, all for one sided criticism while defending your favorite plastic box. You are a console warrior through and through. We gave you enough chances."

Damn, I feel threatened :messenger_sad_relieved:

Scotty W will be dearly missed :messenger_crying:
His command of the woke language is second to none.

FlyyGOD

Some of the criteria for strikes are not very consistent. Who can you contact If you wanted some clarity on what is a violation?

The ban history is Gaf's testament to renewing my faith in internet gaming message boards.

Seeing how frequently the most irrational platform warriors and trolls are listed there reassures me that Gaf mods are doing a solid job. And it's not just warriors for one single platform, so it demonstrates the lack of bias in the site moderation.

I appreciate that.

Top Bottom