• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you delete cookies from your phone / laptop

Night.Ninja

Banned
Since every website we go on ads these parasites to our phone / laptops how often do you delete them?

Or do you even care 🤷 or do you do you do your browsing incognito / private browser mode?

Tesseract

Banned
tumblr_mvjtgjXh661s0my1wo1_500.gif

Gp1

Is there a way to the delete the tracking cookies without logging out every single website? (Especially the ones that i don't even remember the password anymore...)

If I don't frequent the site or don't trust it, I just open it in a incognito tab. Deleting cookies you don't want (while keeping the ones you do want) is a bit difficult. I think I delete them once every 6 months or so.

Leosocial

Neo Member
Pretty much never, I'm the only one who uses my electronics. I only clear out cookies + cache and stuff when my brower starts getting slow.

Soodanim

I recently changed my desktop browser to clear cookies on close with a whitelist for my main sites, purely because I’m tired of the tracker pop ups. I’ve yet to make it just as good on mobile, but maybe it’s possible.

Edit: I realise tracking protection is a thing, but it still has its uses as a clean up.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Very first computer I owned, I didn't bother clearing the cache for the first two years. When I finally did, it was because the cache had gotten so big it was lagging the crap out of the machine. Took the browser almost three hours to dump it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
hungry cookie monster GIF

I just agree to everything and look at really mundane shit so mundane and boring the website people get bored and leave me alone.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
I use private browsing exclusively.

It's annoying when your browser crashes and you lose all tabs though.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Maybe once a month I guess? Only when things break. I have to work with many browser-based apps for work (Chrome and Edge) so this is not uncommon.

Top Bottom