• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hugh Jackman Having Second Thoughts About Wolverine Retirement Following Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

I guess that HUGH JACKMAN apparently WANTS to play a role in DEADPOOL 2 featuring RYAN REYNOLDS since they're FRIENDS and DEADPOOL was a pretty big SUCCESS

edit - someone fixed the unnecessary caps in the title so now my joke is lost

norm9

If there's a good story to tell or an Xmen ensemble film that needs saving, Logan will be there.

Illucio

Banned
Just have a non-canon movie with Deadpool and call it "Deadpool Vs. Woverine" and then spend the entire movie making fun of Batman vs Superman. Then you can retire.

Old Man Logan and anything Wolverine with Deadpool is all that fans want.

Logan is so far in the future he could still do like 8 million movies in between if he wanted to

Jokey, at peace with himself after DOFP Logan would be nice though. Especially if this all xforce-y

jelly

Don't do X-Men films but go for Deadpool. What would a sequel to Logan even be like?

I think Deadpool if he really wants another one and see how it goes.

I'd be more than satisfied with a quick Deadpool 2 cameo where Deadpool fanboys over and annoys him to the point that Wolverine just imaples him with his claws...only for Wade to feel honored at being stabbed.

Chumley

Banned
Daniel Craig was joking about suicide rather than doing another Bond movie.

Until Sony offered him $120 mil for two movies. It's all about the money.

Fury451

Banned
I like this news. He's been the consistently best thing about this movie series since it began.

Ayup. Holding the up weight of bad X-Men movies is probably what keeps him so buff.

Daniel Craig was joking about suicide rather than doing another Bond movie.

Until Sony offered him $120 mil for two movies. It's all about the money.

Nah, Hugh is passionate about Wolverine. Craig looked like he was ready to cap it off in Skyfall. He seemed largely checked out in Spectre (though he still tried), and I don't expect that to change unless the script is better.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
snikt bub

snikt bub forever until there is no more snikt bub left

how about someone else is wolverine, but jackman is still in the movie in some other roll.

This is how actors negotiate.

Publicly "consider" something until a movie producer throws money at you and then go all-in for another trilogy or two.

Slaythe

Oh man.

The two only things that work for FOX together ?

Honestly Logan seems like a perfect send off...

But Deadpool X Wolverine is a dream. Let's be honest.

The comics have always been amazing, and with those two actors, in the right hands this time, we could have one of the most incredible comic book of all time.

Arkeband

Banned
Just have a non-canon movie with Deadpool and call it "Deadpool Vs. Woverine" and then spend the entire movie making fun of Batman vs Superman. Then you can retire.

Old Man Logan and anything Wolverine with Deadpool is all that fans want.

Starring Michael Cera as Lex Luthor

Logan as his send off and in Deadpool 2 as a gag would suffice. He deserves his rest. Honestly through his entire run Jackman, from high to low points, the man was a professional in terms of the physical preparedness and effort on screen. Can't think of an outing where he slept through it like RDJ or Daniel Craig.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Do it, Hugh. For the fans!

Do it man

DO IT YOU SKINNY LEGGED BASTARD

I'm confused, haha. Are you guys urging him to retire or urging him not to retire?

For my part, I don't want Hugh to go anywhere. He's such a great Wolverine, and I feel he's still got a few good appearances left in him.

Logan looks like too good a farewell to go out on, though. Hugh will probably try to live up to his word and leave that film as his final bow.

I'm confused, haha. Are you guys urging him to retire or urging him not to retire?

For my part, I don't want Hugh to go anywhere. He's such a great Wolverine, and I feel he's still got a few good appearances left in him.

Logan looks like too good a farewell to go out on, though. Hugh will probably try to live up to his word and leave that film as his final bow.

I want him to retire. I want the world to finally see what Dougray Scott can bring to the role.

J/K. I want a Deadpool and Wolverine buddy movie so much that I would derail a train with my penis and eat it piece by piece to make it happen.

raw

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Ryan Reynolds got the best of him. He is totally doing Deadpool 2.

I'd be more than satisfied with a quick Deadpool 2 cameo where Deadpool fanboys over and annoys him to the point that Wolverine just imaples him with his claws...only for Wade to feel honored at being stabbed.

I just want Wade to force the classic costume on him. Saying we need to suit up to do something.

S1kkZ

finish the wolverine story in logan and use some crazy time travel/alternate dimension thing to bring back a different wolverine (in the classic costume) for one spin-off/crossover film.
or just say fuck it and break the fourth wall to explain it.

I love Hugh and Logan looks great but if that movie ends up being half as good as that first trailer, he should just end it there. That would be a perfect way to give up the claws. Cable is already going to be the comedic foil to Deadpool in the sequel and Wolverine would just serve the same purpose. Now, Hugh Jackman appearing as himself in Dedpool 2, that I'd like to see.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Hugh Jackman retiring as Wolverine without never once putting on the iconic Wolverine costume after 17 years in the role would be a crime against humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom