• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can tell what game engine in used from in engine trailer soley on particle effects . Am i weird?

For the longest I've been pretty spot on on game reveal when in engine trailers are releases.
Fire particles from Unreal engine are pretty obvious

Fire particle from proprietary enigne from Capcom games differ from say DICE's Frostbite engine.

Have you experienced a sort of 'third eye' in gaming mechanics, features or effects?

EDIT: this was meant for the Gaming discussion, DERP

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

For the longest I've been pretty spot on on game reveal when in engine trailers are releases.
Fire particles from Unreal engine are pretty obvious

Fire particle from proprietary enigne from Capcom games differ from say DICE's Frostbite engine.

Have you experienced a sort of 'third eye' in gaming mechanics, features or effects?

EDIT: this was meant for the Gaming discussion, DERP
This might be a big ask, but do you have any screenshot proof, gifs, or footage?

Interesting op. But what about conformation bias. We are usually well informed, you more than likely know who the Devs/publishers are of a game, which means you will be able to 'know' already what engine they are using.

Top Bottom