• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't buy multiconsole games

Beyond Good & Evil
Alien Hominid
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Splinter Cell
Viewtiful Joe

They're some of the ones I own off the top of my head. EA sports titles do piss me off though... it really doesn't matter to me if I own them at all, let alone which console I own them on.

If anything though some games should be more multiplatform:

• Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best in the series, it deserves to reach the maximum audience.
• Pro Evolution Soccer 4 should have appeared on Gamecube as well.
Codemasters football (as in soccer) games should have appeared on Cube as well. This and the above game would have ensured better UK support all round.
• Capcom are misjudging with Okami imo.
• SEGA once said they would be platform agnostic... which was clearly bullshit. They've split their franchises across different consoles. Everybody should know how awesome Super Monkey Ball is (thankfully they can now), some SEGA games should not have been allowed to bomb on Xbox.
• Soul Calibur III... I'm sure it'll get next-gen ports, but still... what a stupid move.

belgurdo

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Wow, tons of elitist people here, I'm glad you guys don't represent the average consumer

You mean you've never used the "base your purchasing decisions on the opposite of the GAF majority opinion" method at least once before?

Shawn

Banned
i'm "one of those people" who only buys console exclusive titles, but i'm not gonna sit here and explain why. don't have the energy nor the time.

But also bear in mind that this is the same place that certain people WON'T buy a game because they don't like the box art....

now that's f*cking stupid.

Excelion

Banned
PS3 <--- X360 ---> PC

I think it's the best choice for publishers like Ubi or EA. The PC userbase is very important for them and they dont care about system sales in Japan.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Shawn said:
i'm "one of those people" who only buys console exclusive titles, but i'm not gonna sit here and explain why. don't have the energy nor the time.

Actually, you're not going to explain why because you don't have any valid reasons.

akascream

Banned
I kinda agree. As a gamer that owns all the platforms, it just seems like a waste of developer time and money that could have gone towards a new title. That won't stop be from buying a great game though, like Prince of Persia. But I know where you're coming from.

I buy plenty of multi-console games, but I dont like it.

Everytime I play something put out by Ubi or EA or someone that is a multi, and the framerate is 30 and the graphics are sub-par, I just think of how that title might have improved if development time had not been split.

Since I always end up buying all the consoles, for the exclusive titles, I just wish that each title's development could be concentrated one console at a time to really make the most out of the hardware. Middleware resources rarely yield statisfactory results and multi-console releases propgate middleware.

Now, I have no issue with a game being developed for one console, and then ported at a later date. I own many duplicate copies of fighting games due to this.

But then Soul Calibur 2 was triple ported and BAM! PS2 slowdown.

Top Bottom