• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a test coming up that I’m dreading more than any test I’ve ever had

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Not because it’s going to be painful, because it may be the most awkward test on the face of the earth.

My doctors think that my pelvic floor muscles aren’t functioning properly so they ordered a test where basically I have to take a shit in front of doctors while they take x-rays while I’m going and see if the muscles are functioning properly as I relieve my bowels.

It’s probably worst of all for me because going to the bathroom in public has always been a phobia if mine since I was a kid. I haven’t gone #2 in public in 20 years. Even taking a piss in public is hard for me, my muscles clench up and I can’t get anything out. But taking a smash is even more private. This is going to be a nightmare.

Wish I could get drunk for it so I lose all cares and concerns. Can’t even do that because it requires fasting and no consuming of anything before the exam 😂😩

Going to start trying to mentally train myself every time I go to the bathroom until the exam to see if I can kinda block out my surroundings and put myself in another place for a while.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Good luck man. I wouldn’t mind taking a shit in front of a group.
Normal people: "I never wanna wind up in prison, you could get shivved at any moment and you're locked away in a small cell."

Me: "I don't mind all that, but taking a shit without any privacy is something I can't do."

Pretty sure if my doctor told me this i would tell her she was full of it, and flip her the bird on my way out.

It's not that I mind pooping in front of someone so much, but I would think it was more likely that this was a prank, or my doctor had some kind of watching people poop fetish than a medical procedure.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
viceland GIF by THE ICE CREAM SHOW

TheContact

Eat so much you feel like you’re gonna burst but stuff that helps like prunes and bananas. And just bring your phone and post on neogaf while you’re shitting at the same time

BigBooper

Lol I have never heard of such a thing. I assume this means you'll be taking a dump on some kind of towel as it squishes in the crevices.

Are you certain this isn't a fetish for the doctor?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
If it's an enema, you won't have to struggle to shit, my dude. It will go everywhere. I've watched enough Asian por-medical documentaries to know. Also, see about headphones. I can only dump/piss in public if I can pretend there's no one there.

Maybe you can take miralax or a stool softener the night before. Make sure you tell them your issue. They will be able to work with you. They can put up a privacy curtain. It’s X-rays, so they should need to visually see you.

Last edited:

Amory

Eat some shredded wheat before you go. I've been enjoying a box recently and I shit like a machine gun

TransTrender

Gold Member
I didn't know what to expect with this thread, and I was going to make an AIDS joke, but nah, that test sounds terrible.
My recommendation is to down two table spoons of psyllium fiber with a cup of water and you'll shit a glorious shit in about 12 hours.

McHuj

Normal people: "I never wanna wind up in prison, you could get shivved at any moment and you're locked away in a small cell."

Me: "I don't mind all that, but taking a shit without any privacy is something I can't do."

OMG. I have the same fear. Everytime I see a prison cell with an exposed toilet I always think how the fuck do they shit and wipe (the wiping part is important too) in front of others. It's enough to scare you straight.

Tschumi

... to be honest man, i kinda think i might need a test like that one day, and i'd think the payoff of functioning normally/predictably down there would be worth the brief em-bare-ass-ment.

(also, drinking shitloads more water and eating more fiber would probably solve my problems, i know this because when i used to work at japanese schools as an english teacher and ate their lunches my bowls worked like a finely tuned mercedes benz)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The trick to this OP is to make the people watching feel uncomfortable. If you focus on that you'll be fine.

Rip down your pants, strain out a shit with as much force as possible, look dead into their eyes and fucking scream/shout for the whole duration.

You're welcome.

QSD

Not because it’s going to be painful, because it may be the most awkward test on the face of the earth.

My doctors think that my pelvic floor muscles aren’t functioning properly so they ordered a test where basically I have to take a shit in front of doctors while they take x-rays while I’m going and see if the muscles are functioning properly as I relieve my bowels.

It’s probably worst of all for me because going to the bathroom in public has always been a phobia if mine since I was a kid. I haven’t gone #2 in public in 20 years. Even taking a piss in public is hard for me, my muscles clench up and I can’t get anything out. But taking a smash is even more private. This is going to be a nightmare.
One of my best friends used to have this hangup too. Really outgoing and adventurous guy otherwise, so I just couldn't figure what was up with it. I think it's actually somewhat common.

Maybe you could stream yourself taking a dump on gaf as a kind of exposure therapy ;-)

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I was not expecting this when I clicked the thread. This is a weird test. But good luck I guess. I think I feel weird for the staff that chose a life of watching people poop.

Toots

Gold Member
Can't, have to fast, and then they shoot barium enema up my rectum and I poop it out.
I was wondering how they could ask you to fast and take a shit :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It's gonna be ok, and when you'll be shooting radioactive water out your butt with all these physicians watching in the same room, remember that the aiming is inverted when you're spraying backwards

edit :grammar

Last edited:
Top Bottom