• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just had my day (posivitive). I've saved a woman's life from death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-BLITZ-

EDIT: (positive), (positive) (positive). I spelled it wrong. I'm tired.

8:00 morning here, around 4:20 - 40 when it happened.

Even now I don't know why I have the feeling to write this down and post on GAF, but probably I got used with reading others members threads about their unique daily events.

I was sleeping and woke up from a loud bang fall. Actually, I was seriously sleeping because yesterday I only slept couple of hours and I was very tired. I didn't realize what happened first, but this specific sound, the only thing that went into my mind was that someone fell over. It couldn't not be something else if none of neighbors have aggressive behavior to throw stuff out at this very hour for any reasons.

It was still night outside while in my apartment was even darker because of my curtains (sun all day in front of my windows). Having that adrenaline rush activated since the woke up went so fast, I tried to put my thoughts over so I opened my room door and first thing first was to see my parents and as a matter of fact I couldn't see my mother in bed because of how dark it was, so I called by her name only once and she respond. I said to her that I heard a loud noise fall. As I was still in sleep mode, I went back and forth from balcony of my mothers room looking around and at the ground as much I could see and there was nothing. While having mosquito net at my windows, I didn't want to open it, so I went back to her. She said to me, perhaps everything was a dream, so I said I sorry that I woke her up because I realize that she was still very tired, however I was still not pleased due to that loud noise so I went to bed. Only couple of second past to hear in a very quiet way: "I'm sleeping, I'm sleeping". Immediately I was staring around my room and at the ceiling as it happen to tell myself the same thing at night in order to fall to sleep (yep, imagine that). Because I was still convinced that something went wrong, I jumped from bed and went to my mother again and said to her that I heard someone saying something and then I went to my own mosquito net window with courage and couldn't care less of anything and there it was, the woman laying on the ground at such dark sky in our backyard, her backyard actually, as my building is merged through multiple flats as one single line. You could barely see her (mother said), but I don't have night vision problems. When I said to my mother that I saw someone laying on the ground, she went straight to the balcony but she couldn't see her. The woman trying to get up but all she could do is to sit upright and after that she simply lost balance.

I said: "Go to my room, go already, is on the right on the other flat's backyard." while I went straight to my phone. It only took 5 minutes for the paramedics to come at the scene. That was amazing, the same minutes it took my to walk the stairs down passing the entire block to the backyard. After few minutes cops show up as well.

Age of 55, broken left ribs, (possible lung perforation but not as a final conclusion) as she could hardly breathe and pain, she couldn't not move. Felt from the second floor (third floor if anyone wants to count the ground floor as a third ( from 7,5meters falling). She tried to say her name many times, but hardly understandable. She felt on the ground inches close to the cement pavement otherwise she could had been a death. My mother recognized her, to be a person with schizophrenia, made me feel so sad looking at her (she had that bit of stair of such disease. My mother said that this woman was taken care off by her mother, but nobody was answering at the door, to eventually find it out that her mother died two/three years ago so she was all alone.

I'm not here to show off myself, to gain something special. I posting this maybe on behalf that I'm very pleased and glad how things finished. I tell you why I'm like that. From the entire flats from my own building and the other flats from another block that are in front my windows, from and entire 100 apartments, not single darn person went outside or to open their lights in their houses or windows. None; not a single one. Not even my own neighbors above me didn't made a move, after with all the police, paramedics lights, chats and flashlights. Everyone in total darkness. Not a single apartment with lights open. Seriously, the bang was loud like furniture thrown outside the window, and not one woke up ? How can so many people die in such deep sleep drives me mad just because most of them are 60-70 old, yet well as few are between 30-40 this is indifference, stupid and carelessness (typical to my country). We also had to find out from what floor she was living and had to knock at all doors from two and third floor. No one open the door (come on), all of them were sleeping, I guess. What these people are doing, just eat and sleep ? After dozen of knocking from police and us, just one person opened the door and gave us direction to another person who usually was taken care off this injured woman. Short story, she was taking medication, but yesterday she drink a dose of beer which she is was not allowed to. We amusing that this poor woman, wanted to take her life maybe cause she knew with what hard conditions she was living. Sad, right ? Her oven and gas were locked, so that's why nothing bad never happen before.

So, imagine that. If no one would react to that loud noise, this woman would had died in agony if from me, in daring to not let me quit after I all I've heard and suspected to be. The luck of hearing her stands with the reasons that, last week, I went to an audio-gram which resulted that I can hear at 40.000 hertz and beyond, where not many can do that. I can hear any tiny, of any kind of sound, that is why I have sleep issues, however this problematic thing it become to form made to have such an important role in saving this woman life.

After the incident, shortly it started to rain. I will have to find out today more of what happen to her. I don't believe that she will die.

This is a first.

-BLITZ-

Good on you.

Most people just ignore the loud noises of night in order to just get sleep for the next day.

That kind of answer I've got from the first person who open the door. However most of them are elderly and they don't do much all day than sitting on benches in front of my building
entrance. People who do work 8/10/12 hours per day, is understandable, if today is Monday, but all of them. It's a sad thing.

While witting this, police came by, took some pictures of the scene.

Crazy! Good job on helping her.

I wonder what the situation was that caused it though, if she intended to fall or not?

We speculate that she wanted do it or if medicine and alcohol mixed together made her having visions out of control.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
That king of answer I've got from the first person who open the door. However most of them are elderly and they don't do much all day than sitting on benches in front of my entries. People who do work 8/10/12 hours per day, is understandable, if today is Monday, but all of them. It's a sad thing.

While witting this, police came by, took some pictures of the scene.

I see. I'd rather not jump right to apathy, but regardless, a life was most likely saved.

Well done.

Media

Well done looking out for people, man. The village concept is gone from most of the world these days, and looking after each other is often a thing of the past. You did good.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Good job, but some of the English is hard to understand. Must be a non native speaker.

It's fine.

I managed to understand it all, despite my inability to read big blocks of text without having to re-read it several times in order to actually comprehend it properly, and I have to do that for even perfect portrayals of the English language.

-BLITZ-

Returning with bit of sad news after a day of waiting.

They put her into induce coma so that she would not feel the pain. As I thought, the left lung is punctured and filled with blood from the broken ribs. Brain & spine traumas with other few body injuries.

She wanted to end life. She was conscious all time and when she did it. A stool was found at the balcony by police and by her statement. She jumped. She realized that with having such illness, medication and being all alone in her house at her age, there was no need to live in such hard conditions anymore. She was staying most of the time in hospitals and little less at her home, but still...

She used to be a smart woman with faculty degree 30 years ago, in a time where not everyone could had the possibility to reach such institutions. (Communism)

:(

Starfield

As a paramedic myself I can tell you there are many people around who dont give a shit or rather approach the "I dont know what to do so I rather do nothing" way so kudos on you actually doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom