• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I saw the new indy movie and yikes

SantaC

Wow this movie was shit. That woman sidekick was the worst performance i ever seen any movie. She was unlikable and so out of place. That thieving kid wasnt much better either.

Crystal Skull was better than this.

Wow this movie was shit. That woman sidekick was the worst performance i ever seen any movie. She was unlikable and so out of place. That thieving kid wasnt much better either.

Crystal Skull was better than this.
What sucks is that she is supposed to be in the lead role in the upcoming Alien: Romulus movie. Looks like she's yet another one that's going to appear in all the Disney movies.

I seriously wonder if Disney just enjoys destroying franchises that were mainly and primarily enjoyed by men in the past.

Last edited:

SantaC

What sucks is that she is supposed to be in the lead role in the upcoming Alien: Romulus movie. Looks like she's yet another one that's going to appear in all the Disney movies.

I seriously wonder if Disney just enjoys destroying franchises that were mainly and primarily enjoyed by men in the past.
Yeah i am not seeing any more movies with her thats for sure.

Ford was okay, the least of this movies problems. That script though 😑

SJRB

Gold Member
I like how this movie is so ultra bad it actually makes people go "hmmm maybe Chrystal Skull wasn't that bad after all".

Yes. Yes, it was that bad. This movie just sinks to new lows but let's not pretend Chrystal Skull isn't an overwhelmingly bad movie.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Ill watch it when it hits Disney+ cuz I need to rewatch the whole things. Nostalgia can be a bit of a bitch and people might remember the og's much better than they actually were like Temple of Doom being kinda meh, but it's been like 10 or so many years since I've seen them

I like how this movie is so ultra bad it actually makes people go "hmmm maybe Chrystal Skull wasn't that bad after all".

Yes. Yes, it was that bad. This movie just sinks to new lows but let's not pretend Chrystal Skull isn't an overwhelmingly bad movie.
I heard some people say they liked it. But didn't this movie bomb at the box office? A lesser known movie about child trafficking made more money.

ShadowNate

The writing is so awful for her and her young friend (but especially for her). From minute one she is responsible for pretty much everything that goes wrong for Indy, and double so for his friends and also innocent bystanders.

I guess the little guy is a reference to (or a lazy and bad copy of) Short Round? They completely botched it by progressively raising the silliness and "cartoon-iness" of what that guy was capable of.

Indy is just old. (But still tries to do Indy stuff and inconsistently succeeds and fails as the bad script wants him to).

How many times do you think they re-wrote this thing? Did they want to explore the Indiana Jones as a woman but not really a replacement angle that bad?

Lunarorbit

I get not liking phoebe wallers character (I think that was the point for most of the movie) but saying crystal skull is better?

Dial gets extra credit for what happens to Mutt's character. At least we can all agree that was a good plot point?

SantaC

I get not liking phoebe wallers character (I think that was the point for most of the movie) but saying crystal skull is better?

Dial gets extra credit for what happens to Mutt's character. At least we can all agree that was a good plot point?
Mutt was better than that terrible woke woman

Last edited:

Mistake

I actually thought it was average. Not awful, just not great. The girl got too much screen time, and I think the movie would have benefited a lot from having Sallah as the sidekick instead

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
What sucks is that she is supposed to be in the lead role in the upcoming Alien: Romulus movie.

Yay. Another Ripley rip-off.

Ripley was a great character, but after Alien Resurrection every Alien movie has tried to copy Ripley. It's become a trope that an Alien film needs to have a strong female lead. The only problem is none so far have come close to Ripley.

Batiman

Banned
The whole anti woke movement is becoming more woke than the original creators of woke. The anti woke outrage comes off more whiney and more easily triggered than the OGs woketers themselves.Woke this woke that. Everyone and everything’s woke nowadays. It’s getting lazy now. Break down your arguments and criticisms without labeling every damn thing you don’t like as woke.

Wake up and see the irony!

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Hell…even the crystal skull one was Garbo, and that was years ago. I figured this would be trash. I wish producers would realize we want new shit in movies and shows. It’s getting really old seeing forced sequels and shit remakes.

CGNoire

Yay. Another Ripley rip-off.

Ripley was a great character, but after Alien Resurrection every Alien movie has tried to copy Ripley. It's become a trope that an Alien film needs to have a strong female lead. The only problem is none so far have come close to Ripley.
Sigourney Is a one of a kind.

The whole anti woke movement is becoming more woke than the original creators of woke. The anti woke outrage comes off more whiney and more easily triggered than the OGs woketers themselves.Woke this woke that. Everyone and everything’s woke nowadays. It’s getting lazy now. Break down your arguments and criticisms without labeling every damn thing you don’t like as woke.

Wake up and see the irony!
You don't have to diminish men in order to lift up women. You also don't have to make women unlikable or unattractive or unfeminine for them to be strong. "Woke" means a lot of things, but in this particular instance, I think that's the actual argument and criticism.

Top Bottom