• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I struggle with moving an analog stick in circles.

Not quarter circle. Full circle spin vroom vroom.

zangief-sfv.gif

Zangief mains in shambles.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I also hate running with analouge pressed downwards. At best i can accept the toggle through L3 but to keep it pressed in continous manner to run is just horrendous.
I agree with you, and I especially hate this.

Analog running was done perfectly at the inception of the analog stick, with Mario 64. Having to actually press the stick forward is overkill, and so not enjoyable.

I been playing street fighter(an with zangief especially lol) since I was a kid so I don't mind the circular motion blah blah

But I hate that click to sprint shit, especially in some games where it seems broken and just to jog from one spot to the next I feel like im continuously pressing the stick in. I noticed it was getting real bad in Far Cry 6 for example

I really like when sprint is the L1 button or one of the triggers, but I know those buttons get mapped to other more important things

ethomaz

Banned
In Scarlett Nexus you can do heavy damage by turning your pyscokenesis power into a self imposed qte. One of the move requires you to spin continously to do heavy damage. Its probably in Nier too, cant remember but in Metal gear rising it is there to get back from stunning, its also in many games. Its not oftenly used but is usually tied to an scripted event which makes it even more horrendous.
Interesting… I don’t remember having that in original NiER… and Rising I just played the demo.

I remember in Street Fighter but it felt natural with the flow of the movement of the character… and you just need to make at max two spins… I used to jump, do the two spins and get on ground with the special move starting.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah. Wiggling and circling the sticks is the worst thing ever. Clicking them to run with the same stick you need to press forward is also a nightmare

I don't like R3/L3 triggers at all. I'm accidentally triggering them all the time. I don't know how many times in the thick of combat I've accidentally triggered both and sent my game into photo mode. Very annoying. Thankfully most games let you turn that off.

Probably the single biggest reason I like Elite Series 2 controller. I can map R3/L3 to the back paddles.

Kataploom

Gold Member
OP, not gonna go to bat for you on the quarter-circle move input stuff. That one is all you.

I will agree with having to click in either of the thumb sticks to do literally anything important. The number of times I've accidentally done something (ran or reloaded, or whatever) in the heat of battle because I accidentally clicked in a stick is just too damn high.
Zelda botw is horrendous on this sense... having to run for my life only to start stealthing several times due to joycons stick click sensitivity is rage inducing

Reactions: Isa

NinjaBoiX

I think L3 and R3 are a godsend, it makes perfect sense to have “move faster” mapped to the same input as “move”. I will usually remap the controls if sprint is elsewhere TBH. Also, it doesn’t hurt, and it doesn’t break your controller either, stop exaggerating.

I don’t really like the spin-the-left-stick thing, but that’s such a rare occurrence that I wouldn’t worry about it OP.

Top Bottom