• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I used to like the White Stripes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then everyone played them till I hated their sound. For that reason I dont even listen to the radio anymore, its all cds which I can control exposure to.

EVIL RADIO!

Vicious

Now I usually just skip over Seven Nation Army and listen to the rest of the album, pretending that it's not really on there at all. Since the rest of Elephant is god damn genius.

I hope it won't be too long until their next album.

I still like them.... and I'd like to rodger meg

megsit.jpg

Malakhov

Banned
Well Seven Nation Army is still brilliant, especially live.
I've got an awesome version from a boston show.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I wore myself out on Elephant when it first came out. It's such a gooood record. I'm no more tired of "Seven Nation Army" than any other song on the record as a result. Now I find myself listening to White Blood Cells & DeStijl when I'm in the mood for some White Stripes.

Fuck the radio. I listen to talk radio occasionally, but typical music, no way. I haven't done that in, gah, 7 or 8 years. Back when the college stations here were good.

Malakhov

Banned
CHOM here in montreal is pretty good, they play some decent stuff.

I let it play at work and I'll hear some pink floyd, acdc, the doors, rolling stones etc... and some new stuff I like ie: coldplay, pilate etc..

Just tune the radio between 2 opposing stations. It's like the Devil's Choir meets a fuzzy Glitch-Rock masterpiece. Parking with the radio on and watching people walk into the grocery store to the beat of crappy music is fun also. I am teh Video Director.

Be careful though, the power of your mind can make folks slip.

Vicious

DeStijl is still my favorite, closely followed by Elephant. But Seven Nation Army has really grated my nerves lately.

I thought I'd grow more tired of The Hardest Button to Button, but it just isn't the case.

LakeEarth

On a 3 1/2 hour drive from Toronto to Windsor, I heard 3 different White Stripes songs on 3 different radio stations in 3 different cities. In Toronto on the 'Edge' 102.1fm, I hear 'Seven Nation Army'... as I drive by London, on 95.9fm, the 'something', I hear 'Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground', and when I get home to my precious 89x, I hear Hardest Button to Button... it was kinda funny, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom