• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Compulsion Games Community Manager Katie Robinson recently claimed, “I hate gamers.” , "White Male Gamers Were A Mistake"

Dr.Morris79

I love all these people saying that gaming has been dominated by white males.

Sega, Nintendo, Sony, Square, Namco, SNK, Capcom and Konami are all Asian companies who have had a massive influence on gaming and continue to dominate it today. Western companies like Atari, Commodore, Sinclair, Amstrad and Philips have all fallen away and Microsoft is considereing exiting the console market. So much for white dominance.

As a male I was never encouraged to play games. Most adults thought games were a waste of time and many tried to ban or heavily censor them. There were constant media campaigns against gaming for the first couple of decades.

Women and girls almost universally laughed at men and boys who played games. We were considered overgrown man-babies who needed to get a life. Suddenly games become cool (just after the PS1 came out) and women all started pretending that they had been excluded by the gaming industry. This is revisionist nonsense.

Most male gamers desperately wanted women and girls to get into gaming. I've encouraged every girlfriend I've had to play games. Some did, some didn't but the idea that we conspired to keep women out is laughable.

No one cares if there is a black woman in their game. What they don't like is a someone being racist and sexist towards them.
Hear fucking hear. It's what I was saying in the other thread. Boys who liked gaming in the 80's were considered 'nerds' and 'geeks', practically no girl would go near a computer game

Yet here we are now with overpaid, under educated girls who don't even know what social etiquette is as they seem to have severe arrested development, telling 'white males' they should be purged like we're in the fucking 1940's

It's ludicrous.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nine years in the gaming space as a “content creator”…so I’m guessing they made a streamer harboring racist views a Community Manager?

And she probably had friends at Sweet Baby, hence the hook up of bringing them on board to make changes.

I haven’t followed South of Midnight, but I certainly won’t be putting my money towards a product where the people involved dislike me.

Nine years in the gaming space as a “content creator”…so I’m guessing they made a streamer harboring racist views a Community Manager?

And she probably had friends at Sweet Baby, hence the hook up of bringing them on board to make changes.

I haven’t followed South of Midnight, but I certainly won’t be putting my money towards a product where the people involved dislike me.
Yeah, especially if it is some small game I have no interest to play it even with GP. Will continue playing Forza Horizon :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tams

I'm not white and I get infuriated when I read these comments from these racist clowns.

How are these disgusting people getting hired?

Why are these disgusting people getting hired?

If we're not supposed to see color, how come that's all they see. To hell with anyone who hires these monsters.

Because they scream the loudest about injustice and racism. And then once hired, everyone else there lives in fear of what they'll do if they're fired.

All part of the mass of non-jobs out there, only with the lovely flavouring of 'acceptable' racism.

Lambogenie

Only Western games my friend. South Korea and Japan are blessedly untouched by the mind virus. Take heart.
Nah, capcom even had that whole report.
I know others have similar groups or minds/activists on there to the point characters can't have certain cute Asian girl posture, let alone needing a "LatinX" (but still never asians or arabs) as a new token tick box.

If the company only has offices in Asia only then it's probably fine. Which rules out most AAA.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Since representation matters so much to these woke idiots, I as a white gamer are not represented. I as a white game will not buy the game. Let the broke wokies who do not buy anything but support everything get behind this trash. Woke poison invading games.

@adamsapple @mansoor1980

Are You Sure Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

10823243.jpg

pikachulita.ba4b15f.jpg

20190908_175532-1-1024x674.jpg

EjrgPqFWsAA4IXM
Watch out guys, Neogaf will be canceled for misogny /s

Last edited:

nkarafo

a lot of us grew up in a time where our hobby was seen as "for losers" and made fun of cuz we weren't into other things that were more mainstream....
This is what pisses me off the most.

I grew up like that. I got mocked for decades by certain people for being a lonely nerd because of my hobby and because i was never into the trendy, mainstream things they were.

Now games became the mainstream and the same exact types invaded my space and want me out.

Well, i will eventually bail and do something else or just make due with my nearly endless backlog. But i will also take my money with me. I guess these fuckers are going to sustain the industry in the same manner me and others like me sustained it all these years, am i right?

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
I know others have similar groups or minds/activists on there to the point characters can't have certain cute Asian girl posture, let alone needing a "LatinX" (but still never asians or arabs) as a new token tick box.

If the company only has offices in Asia only then it's probably fine. Which rules out most AAA.
ah yes capcom has joined the cucks.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's poisonous on a societal level and I worry about it being turned on white children in their future but on a personal level it doesn't get to me. I'm happy and they obviously aren't. I win and I will always be winning.
All you can do is raise your sons and daughters to be children of Christ.

Remember the Good Old Games and Limited Run Games community Managers? How one posted a light hearted joke about how trash Gaming Journalists are using a Postal 2 Screencap and the other said she was excited fro Hogwarts Legacy and made a singular post 7 years prior about trans people that was, at worst, a non issue?

Both were immediately fired and excommunicated from the industry.

Now we have actual racists stating racist things and they still have their jobs. Whiat the hell.
And here’s the kicker: they’re employed by the BBC, Microsoft the banks etc. Not some fringe organisations.

I'm just here to say that I am still looking forward to their game. Their first two games are actually pretty damn good, hurt only by the fact that the budget didn't meet their vision so I am guessing they won't have that problem with this one. And as weird as it may sound her comment didn't even offend me in any way and, yes, I am white male.

Just say you are ok supporting racists. That’s your prerogative. I’m not surprised that the biggest paid shill I’ve ever seen has liked your comment.

That's a non issue. My mate's wife works for a football club and she hates and despises football. It doesn't stop her from doing her admin duties professionally.
It's not a non issue.

Having an admin role in a football club and not liking football is a non issue.

Having a public facing management role at a Liverpool FC and turning up to work every day in a Man Utd shirt, constantly posting pro Man Utd content on your social media, publicly laughing at Liverpool every time they lose, saying how much you hate Scousers and having your employees tacitly support this would be a major public relations disaster.

This is the kind of thing that normally destroys companies.

It's not a non issue.

Having an admin role in a football club and not liking football is a non issue.

Having a public facing management role at a Liverpool FC and turning up to work every day in a Man Utd shirt, constantly posting pro Man Utd content on your social media, publicly laughing at Liverpool every time they lose, saying how much you hate Scousers and having your employees tacitly support this would be a major public relations disaster.

This is the kind of thing that normally destroys companies.

It is a non issue. You can still do your job even if you hate the company you work for or the product they are selling. I'll give another example. One of my mate's mum used to work in the local chicken factory for 30 years even though she's totally against meat eating and has been a veggie since 12 years old
Your example is also poor BTW. Even if you came to work in a rival shirt, it still showed you have a love and interest in the game of football and I bet many staff who work in football don;t actually like the sport and its just a job. You even have football players like Benoit Assou Ekotto who don't like the sport and it's just a job to them.

For me having someone who works for you who is an open racist and sexist is far more an issue and it's shocking she's still in her role TBH

Fatbody

This is probably a common sentiment within Xbox Game Studios, but only this one is dumb enough to say it out loud publicly. They’ve spent the past decade-plus running away screaming from their old “dude bro shooter box” persona, which say what you want, but at least it was an identity. Now there’s nothing left but spiteful mutants like this who hate the target audience and are trying to appeal to/create a market that doesn’t exist and will never exist in any meaningful way.

At this point, Microsoft doesn’t care and will just buy out all the games people actually want to play. Maybe the industry needs some type of a crash, idk.

Drew1440

I was very much looking forward to this game, would have even bought it. But Sweet Baby = nah. Luckily I can just play it on GamePass.
Main reason I stopped subscribing to gamepass, I'm not giving any money or 'engagement' to these Marxist morons.
I can guarantee this is engrained in the company culture, she was just dumb enough to be vocal about it.
I see the Myspace angle is making a comeback in 2024.
1:36 onwards I remember too well

It is a non issue. You can still do your job even if you hate the company you work for or the product they are selling. I'll give another example. One of my mate's mum used to work in the local chicken factory for 30 years even though she's totally against meat eating and has been a veggie since 12 years old
Your example is also poor BTW. Even if you came to work in a rival shirt, it still showed you have a love and interest in the game of football and I bet many staff who work in football don;t actually like the sport and its just a job. You even have football players like Benoit Assou Ekotto who don't like the sport and it's just a job to them.

For me having someone who works for you who is an open racist and sexist is far more an issue and it's shocking she's still in her role TBH

Those cases are not comparable. In the entertainment industry, you are creating a product for fans. Creators, managers and everybody involved in the project should be passionate about it and its fans. I would never criticize people who read my books, regardless of their opinions. These people need to give off good vibes instead of antagonizing their potential target audience because of personal issues.

The problem is bigger than this person, though. Let''s remove the bigotry from the equation. She is someone who hates the environment where she's working. So.. how come she was hired? Easy answer is that the studio truly don't care for videogame culture, fans or their own game. They are just making a product to get some profits and that's about it. I'm not supporting any of that, even without the racism and sexism. I'm fedup with these profiles taking over the positions of true fans/creators.

MarkMe2525

Not games that grab my interest, but I really could not care less about what they think of "white males". I'm saying I would still buy the game if it was something that interested me. Whether someone hurt my feelings or not rarely plays a role in my purchasing decisions.

StereoVsn

Katie joined the company in Sept 2023. Basically 2024.
As a community manager, what makes you think she had any input on We Happy Few or South of Midnight?

P.S if you know any Community Managers you'll totally understand where she is coming from.

She should have just kept it to herself.

MQ was so on point with how Community Manager life is like.

The studio that hired her surely knew her viewpoint. And after this particular vitriol (and I am sure if someone wanted to dig through her twitter posts for more), she still has a job.

That’s enough for me personally to not buy games from this particular studio.

If you think coming to work at Anfield in a Man Utd shirt would be ok because it shows you have passion for football then I have no words.

poodaddy

Capcom is definitely going that way yeah, which is unfortunate, but the vast majority of Eastern stuff doesn't seem too affected by it. I suppose we'll see, I'm just hoping that big publishers start realizing that every time they shove DEI into a game it lowers profits, and perhaps the industry will resolve itself in a sense?

Yea the main point of this is her racial and gender prejudices... Why would anyone want that person to manage their community... Says alot about Compulsion.
Also I feel like a community manager is a job where you can get away with a lot... With your wife and the Vegetarian, there are hard tasks and goals, with a community manager it's hard to quantify or qualify their effectiveness on the job, community feedback is the only way I can think of.

Pallas

It’s unprofessional for a community manager to act in this way. If you want to have racist opinions, that’s all fine and dandy, but it doesn’t mean you should tell everyone about it; especially if you are representing a company.

Racism is awful, whether it’s against Asians, blacks, Hispanics, Arabic, Jewish, Whites, etc.

Fredrik

Yea the main point of this is her racial and gender prejudices... Why would anyone want that person to manage their community... Says alot about Compulsion.
As it is she’s ruining the talk of the game no doubt. With a black main character and social media person dropping those racist comments about white gamers it’ll drag the whole game down into propaganda no matter what the real story is about. They don’t make it easier for themselves that’s for sure.

I miss when games were just entertainment…
Alien invasion, pew pew pew, power-up, ka-booom, congrats you saved the earth, end credits

mnkl13

“If somebody white says, ‘I have this apprehension going to a space where there’s Black people,’ that ends up being rooted in something more sinister. And that’s when you have to take a look at yourself and ask yourself why do you feel that way?”

maybe that's because of people like her that don't want white people near them, and keep antagonizing white people.

she is completely absurd. she's doing worse for her cause. she doesn't need her job, she needs therapy.

I’m sorry but that’s dumb as shit. Why would people work for companies that create things they hate?

simpatico

One quick trip to their website and a glance at their offices, it's clear they're entirely afloat from VC funding or loans. The games they've made and sold do not match the digs. Soon enough, all that hipster office furniture will go to auction, and the employees will go back to being baristas, which is where they belong. Making my lattes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom