• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want just ONE more Xbox game. Which one?

Tarazet

I'm putting a self-imposed crimp on my game buying; I'm going to get a new debit card which doesn't work with any of my online store accounts so I'm not tempted to add to my already high-quality collection. I need to start saving up money to move out next summer, and besides, I have almost everything I want. So I'm just going to buy one more game. This is my collection right now:

Dai Senryaku VII *
Drake of the 99 Dragons (*shudder*)
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Gladius (on the way)
Halo *
Halo 2 *
Jade Empire
Moto GP 2
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Otogi 2
Outrun 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantom Dust
Project Gotham Racing 2
Psi-Ops *
Psychonauts
Rallisport Challenge
Shenmue II
Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow *
Star Wars Battlefront *
Star Wars KOTOR
Still Life

* never played it, not interested in these genres

Price is no object - after all, this is the last game I'm going to buy for this system, and my Amazon/Ebay activities have actually enabled me to break even this gen, strangely enough.

Finally, there were a couple of games that I rented and decided I didn't want:

Advent Rising
Ninja Gaiden
Rallisport Challenge 2
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Simpsons Hit & Run
TOCA 2

So what's left that I need to try?

Redbeard

Banned
Kingdom Under Fire

Alternately, wait for the sequel in September (I think).

Also, Indigo Prophecy should be something worth playing, due around the same time.

Tarazet

Schafer said:
Agreed, but its bloody hard to find.

Metal Arms? Amazon has it for $18. But 'bot games put me to sleep, no matter how good they supposedly are.

Kingdom Under Fire

RTS. :/ I should have mentioned that I'm heavily fantasy oriented. I don't like gritty, realistic games so much.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
stubbs the zombie. you'll have to wait for it to release though

op_ivy

i really didnt like metal arms... couldnt get ino it, and i've tried several times.

Juice

Anyone else in the "I find Metal Arms interesting, but it's overrated by the hardcore simply because it was ignored by the mainstream" camp?

Other examples this gen: Beyond Good & Evil
Analogous: Indy music snobs (another club I subscribe to)

Redbeard

Banned
Metal Arms is a lot like Halo, just with the camera pulled back. If you're not into Halo 2 or shooters in general I wouldn't bother with MA.

Barnimal

Banned
i'm in the same position. i've already decided my last game will be wreckless 2. started with wreckless and i'll finish with wreckless.

Tarazet

Dr_Cogent said:
Get KOTOR. It's great.

I agree with Solid on the Prince of Persia: SoT comment as well.

I have KOTOR. PoP I played on the PS2 and wasn't too jazzed with...

It looks like BG&E is winning this thread so far.

Ronabo

If price is no object get Steel Battalion.

That would make great final game to finish up your collection.

Tarazet

Ronabo said:
If price is no object get Steel Battalion.

That would make great final game to finish up your collection.

That's not what I meant. :p I'm not about to drop $250 on a game I might not even like.

Barnimal

Banned
if you want something that will change the way you see gaming, get shenmue 2. its not jus a game...its an experience. BG&e is good but its broken IMO and gets more praise than it deserves.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
sonarrat said:
I have KOTOR. PoP I played on the PS2 and wasn't too jazzed with...

It looks like BG&E is winning this thread so far.

Oh crap. I should have read your post better. LOL!

Personally, I didn't like BG&E.

What about Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory?

I'd say get one of the following:

Jade Empire
Star Wars KOTOR 2
Steel Battalion (you said price was no matter ;) )
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Beyond Good & Evil

Or if you like adventures and aren't afraid of new and innovative control schemas get Galleon!

jedimike

Barnimal said:
i'm in the same position. i've already decided my last game will be wreckless 2. started with wreckless and i'll finish with wreckless.

Actually, that's a damn good idea. I've also been looking for one last game. I spent a lot of hours on Wreckless. It was a great game... Wreckless 2 it is.

Barnimal

Banned
yah i'm about to call my import shop and see about the game and a used JP xbox. i was quoted $130 to have my current box modded for imports. screw that. cheaper to just get a used JP box.

Zaphod

I don't know if it would be the last game I'd buy for the x-box but for less than 5 bucks Jet Set Radio is fun.

op_ivy

yeah, jet set radio is dirt cheap, and definitely a classic. nab that for sure, regardless.

and i'll second BG&E. great great game, though way to short

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Barnimal said:
yah i'm about to call my import shop and see about the game and a used JP xbox. i was quoted $130 to have my current box modded for imports. screw that. cheaper to just get a used JP box.

media center, neogeo and mame say think twice.

import metal wolf chaos too, good fun.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
sonarrat said:
RTS. :/ I should have mentioned that I'm heavily fantasy oriented. I don't like gritty, realistic games so much.

It is a fantasy game, Orcs, dark elves, vampires, monsters. There is absolute nothing gritty or realistic about kingdom under fire.

op_ivy

Barnimal said:

head to xbox-scene and find a local modder. that is really high for just a mod chip.

You need:

244229.jpg

Barnimal

Banned
tahrikmili said:
You need:

244229.jpg

no you dont. i bought that last week and took it back saying it doesnt work :lol no different that the 15 other console versions of SF2 out on home consoles. better off getting fighting evolution.

Barnimal

Banned
Solid said:
riddick! more riddick!

definately riddick. best game i've played on xbox bar none.

BTW thanks for the suggestion op. i think i'll just go the used JXB route with 360 coming out. i had my ps2 chipped for imports and now i cant exactly just trade it in somewhere without feeling like i'm throwing money away.

Tarazet

After watching the video reviews for BG&E, Kingdom Under Fire and Riddick, I've crossed them off my short list... SF Anniversary might just be the ticket, since I haven't played anything in the series since Champion Edition on the Genesis. :lol Maybe I'll buy a nice healthy demo disc with a lot of games on it and decide afterwards.

LakeEarth

Barnimal said:
no you dont. i bought that last week and took it back saying it doesnt work :lol no different that the 15 other console versions of SF2 out on home consoles. better off getting fighting evolution.
Its a disk with Street Fighter 3rd Strike and a version of Street Fighter 2 in it, both of which you can go online and play against actual people (since most people don't have friends/have arcades to find suitable competition). What did you expect?

BTW, Fighting Evolution is trash.

Barnimal

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Its a disk with Street Fighter 3rd Strike and a version of Street Fighter 2 in it, both of which you can go online and play against actual people (since most people don't have friends/have arcades to find suitable competition). What did you expect?

BTW, Fighting Evolution is trash.

not when theres barely ever 2 people on live playing. i had the game a week before taking it back. my reasoning is that i already on the DC and saturn version fo it was kinda redundant. evolution isnt bad at all.

LakeEarth

Barnimal said:
not when theres barely ever 2 people on live playing. i had the game a week before taking it back. my reasoning is that i already on the DC and saturn version fo it was kinda redundant. evolution isnt bad at all.
It's true that there's only a few people playing at any time, but thing its not that popular of a game and most of the elitist SF players can't stand the lag (and scrubs using 'lag tactics' wayy too much) but there are still fun to be had. If you just want a fight and don't mind who you're facing, it's not that bad. It's better than nothing (which when it comes to competition in my area, there is nothing).

Top Bottom