• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was weak I pre ordered Spider Man 2 for PS5 today lol

Robb

Gold Member
Nothing wrong with that.

3avYVVJ.jpg

Md Ray

Same here. I can never wait on Sony first party games. That's the primary reason I even own a PS5. If the games were on PC day one, I wouldn't own it. So yeah, strategy is working on me as well.
Rockstar does the same too. Another reason to own a console besides PC.

SkylineRKR

I agree pre order is stupid, though sometimes you get a freebie like an extra game. It was the only way to get Ace Combat 5 for example. But otherwise its stupid.

There was a time I played all these exclusives, but I skipped Miles, Ratchet, Horizon 2, God of War Ragnarok and I will skip Spiderman 2 too. I do have Ratchet and Horizon 2 on Plus, but never booted up the former and the second I didn't play beyond the timed demo. I did play Miles about half way later via Plus and I think its better than the original because it feels smaller and better paced. 2 will probably be as bloated as the first, which I don't have to endure. It was a highly repetitive game with rather bad side segments in an attempt to mix it up.

Sony's own games are generally good, but I don't have the time. I rather play something more condensed like Resident Evil or Street Fighter. Armored Core is what I try out next.

Last edited:

vkbest

What is the reason to buy a PS5 if you are a PC gamer but you wait to those first party release in PC? I'm not judging, only asking.

The reason I don't want buy a PC (I have only Mac because I'm iOS developer) and other consoles (I have switch and PS5), is because I don't like waste money in products I will not use often. For example, I have only played 2 games in switch and this point I think was a waste in my economy despite I loved those 2 games. So I wonder what is the reason people buys expensive products they are not using regularly?

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Whatever. I ordered it too. My youngest is Spider-Man obsessed. I am still not sure if I will play that first or Mario

DAHGAMING

Ah for fuck sake, I tell you what Il drive you down to Insomniac HQ so you can suck them all off while your at it aswell.

StereoVsn

Decided not to wait for the PC release and buy it now, will double dip for sure. So in my mind sony strategy is working more sales for them!!!!
I will be doing the same, getting it on PS5 and then will grab PC version on sale down the road.

That said, I still won't be preordering. There is no point, and it will be good to make sure there are no last minute technical issues.

Plus between BG3, Starfield and Cyberpunk DLC there is no chance for me to even start Spiderman till like November. Might as well wait for a sale.

Top Bottom