• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Fan Made PC Port Released, Weighing In at 256GB

//DEVIL//

is there any videos of it ? I wonder what does it look like compared to the PS5 version in terms of graphics.

and what kind of graphics it needs to run since its still a dev kit not optimized version.

Guilty_AI

is there any videos of it ? I wonder what does it look like compared to the PS5 version in terms of graphics.

and what kind of graphics it needs to run since its still a dev kit not optimized version.
Someone posted a video earlier. Its still a extremely rudimentary port full of visual glitches, you can't really compare it with the ps5 version.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I think it's impressive that they even got it running in the first place. But, come on, just wait a bit and it'll be on PC. It will actually look better, and perform better. I guess I understand the weird flex of, "Look what I was able to do.", but I don't understand others actively wanting to seek it out. Hopefully many don't.

Nickolaidas

Is it the Saudi Arabia version?

qleTt8K.png

With all the crying about piracy and licensing and assets etc I'm tempted to make the comparison to big pharma and affordable generic drugs and which ones most people root for. Why protect the big guy when it's not in your interest. This being a game I have no interet in, Im still impressed by the technical side of where "indie devs" are in the forefront of technology, and how they can do what lazy publishers wont due for financial reasons

kiphalfton

you do realise Insomniac is owned by sony and they have developed PC ports before and this is a thread about Spider-man 2 a game developed by insomniac who again are owned by sony and again have released decent PC ports of the prior two Spider-man games.

you guys try really really really hard to be edgy on here sometimes but the joke simply was nonsensical and just a non sequitur that has nothing to do with the topic at hand or even my comment, since my comment was clearly about waiting for them to port Spider-man 2 to PC which again i will direct you to the two previous ports on PC which at the very worst were very good ports.

Jesus, move on and stop trying to justify why you didn't like the joke.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
is this a joke? since the line of joke and troll are so blurred i can't tell? should i laugh or take you serious?
Im only talking about my posts, but as a principle, take all i say as a joke.
I sometimes try to convey a somewhat serious point among the silliness but it's never really important.

For this particular post, i don't really care about any of this and you did not really ruin my fun by being serious, but i truly find that whiteknighting big corps like you do is dumb.

As my motto goes : "Some truth, some sass, great ass and full of class"

RoadHazard

Gold Member
With all the crying about piracy and licensing and assets etc I'm tempted to make the comparison to big pharma and affordable generic drugs and which ones most people root for. Why protect the big guy when it's not in your interest. This being a game I have no interet in, Im still impressed by the technical side of where "indie devs" are in the forefront of technology, and how they can do what lazy publishers wont due for financial reasons

How is this an example of indie devs being at the forefront of technology? These people just stole Insomniac's code.

And comparing Insomniac with big pharma is hilarious.

Filben

Regular gameplay is often more impressive and forget about getting anywhere near this draw distance fidelity with <12gb, possibly <16gb GPU.

This is actually smooth as fuck. Meanwhile in some other games: you move five meter with walking speed and get like 20 frames dropped and microstutter.

DaGwaphics

One dude porting a PS game to PC is quite an accomplishment. Must have some skills.

Especially if the entire thing was reverse engineered with no access to the code before it was compiled (not sure what got out in that leak).

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
we got a wait before that happens. middle of next year at the earliest.

My guess is that Spider-Man 2 will arrive much sooner for PC. Because if modders/pirates keep improving that illegal port to the point it's getting close to the PS5 version, that pirate version is to hurt sales of the official PC release.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Oh, I'm talking about both the hackers and the modders who released this stolen goods publicly, obviously.
The hackers who were trying to profit from this - yeah fuck them. The guys who took what was already out in the wild and created a barely working game just to see if they could - nope. Without these crazy weirdos most of the arcade generation of games would have practically ceased to exist, old console games would have been stuck on fewer and fewer pieces of original hardware, and a large swathe of more modern games would/will cease to exist or be functional when the servers get shut down.

Top Bottom