• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Id's new game......might well be Hexen.

Braag

I think I would prefer it to be Hexen than Quake.
We are however getting that very Hexen inpsired type game called Immortals of Aveum. It looks more Marvel though, where as Hexen reminds me more of Diablo's world which is more dark and satanic.

Mephisto40

Hexen and Heretic are owned by Activision, not ID Software

The rights to Hexen and Heretic were sold to Raven Software years ago, Raven software are a part of Activision

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Heretic and Hexen were never id games proper even if they used id tech, but you certainly can't rule it out entirely. Raven is in shambles so it wouldn't likely be them.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Even if he was naked, some would see him teasing a game.
663360-631909_touchdic_super.png

Ballz.jpg

Perhaps remake of one or both?

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Even if he was naked, some would see him teasing a game.
Naked, he would be probably teasing the game "Tiny world"

Damn, Hexen ! I'm 20+ years back in time remembering this game playing on my 486 DX2 66Mhz
If they do it like they did with Doom, I'm absolutely IN.

Last edited:
a super violent, bloody, dark, labyrinthine, rebooted hexen could be amazing.

procedural deformation, soft body physics, and RTGI would be the cherry on top.

i want to explode an enemy with a spell, find the still-beating heart on the floor, and watch it stop... then ill smash it with a mace. or maybe an enemy steps on it and squishes it.

tygertrip

Hexen wasn't very good.

Edit: i'm not sure what the empathy reactions are for. I'd hardly call this game series beloved. It was okay at best. I don't see how many people could be hyped for this game. If this happens instead of Quake that'd be a shame since that's a much better game series.
Quake is a much better multi-player game series (despite what all these kids that think COD played with a controller think… fucking nitwit, auto-aiming pussies). But single player, a Hexen 3 could offer much more. Oooh, how about this? Hexen gameplay, but inside the Quake 1 world!!! Now THAT, IMO, would fucking ROCK!!!!!!

tygertrip

I'd much rather get Quake, but id is tooled up for single player games, and Quake has too much expectations for multiplayer. This news does make some slightly depressing sense.
Any modern version of Quake MP, released for all systems, couldn’t possibly live up to classic Quake, for the simple reason they’d have to fag up the controls to work with a game pad. Only a fucking moron would try to compete in Quake without a mouse and keyboard.

tygertrip

I honestly think it'd be Quake over anything else because it'd feel odd to see Wolfenstein and DOOM get love, but not Quake. Quake Champions doesn't count, lol. I know Phil has mentioned he'd love seeing Hexen revisited. Hell, I'd love it too. A Heretic/Hexen remake, a reboot/sequel, I don't care. I'd love them either way.
Merge Quake 1 with Hexen 2… tell me that doesn’t have fucking potential!

I loved the different classes and weapons in Hexen.

But (I'm sure the grognards will snark at me for this) I just can't with Hexen's level design. My recollection is that it's the furthest extreme of "non-linear" ‘90s-shooter level design, i.e., incredibly obtuse and nonsensical. Half the puzzles are "find a random switch on one side of the level, flip it, scour the level to find out what one random thing it changed halfway across the map for no logical reason."

Pimpbaa

If it’s coming from id, I don’t care if it’s quake or hexen. I’m buying it either way.

edit: shit, no I’m not. This is coming to Gamepass day one. Forgot that id was a part of Bethesda and thus MS.

Last edited:
Top Bottom