• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IF Elden Ring is not shown today at TGA, might as well just cancel the fucking game all together

People waited and died waiting for Guts and company to get off the boat in Berserk.

Jesus fucking christ.

Thank you for reminding me that I put aside Berserk for 4 years because I couldn't stand how long they were taking.

Does anyone know if they're off the boat yet by now?!

Cause I'll pick back up reading it if so.

I was a bloody youngin when I started reading it, I'm 30 now :|

Umbral

Remember, we only got the arm teaser for Sekiro, then nothing until the announce. From doesn’t talk, which I like. I expect to get a gameplay trailer, then one more to announce the release date then nothing until launch.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Jesus fucking christ.

Thank you for reminding me that I put aside Berserk for 4 years because I couldn't stand how long they were taking.

Like two years ago.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
RIP Elden Ring

Last edited:

SinDelta

Jesus fucking christ.

Yeah they are off the boat. Some interesting stuff has actually happened since.

bender

What time is it?
3b1.gif

BaneIsPain

I didn’t know George rr martin is capable of multi tasking.

elden ring vs winds of winter - can’t say which one will release first.

Rickyiez

When developer rushed a game like Cyberpunk - fuck this its unacceptable , game shouldn't be released
When developer take their sweet time to create a masterpiece - cancel the fucking game all together

🤷‍♂️

But yeah I do agree they should at least show something

Vae_Victis

Banned
Because they announced the game early in e development? They aren’t going to show a game early in development just so that people criticize the visuals or complain that it’s not in the final game. There’s a reason why trailers tend to come out close to release its because a lot of the details are more firm and the game is more presentable.
It started development in early 2017, it was announced in June 2019. That's more than two years in, not exactly "early development". They even went so far as to give a 2020 release window, so it's pretty obvious they intended for it to be around two thirds of the way done already, and were planning for 3.5-4 years development cycle; which incidentally is on the long end for From Software (most titles took less than 3 years, only Sekiro was in development for around 3.5 years), but it would make sense for what they defined their largest and most ambitious game ever.

We're about to enter the fourth year of development, and the fact they still say absolutely nothing means this is not releasing until late 2021 at the earliest. There was obviously a later shift in plans due to issues, changes in the project or both.

We don't even know what this game is.

I would understand being upset if they had already shown some gameplay here and there but they literally only showed one CGI trailer. I'm not too convinced about a 2021 at this point to be honest unless they pull a Fallout and release a few months after showing the gameplay trailer.

Shubh_C63

Considering how fast From makes games, a 3-4 year development time including Covid seems about alright given this is their most ambitious game.

FunkMiller

From Software have always been a dev team that works pretty fast.

I wonder what added element could possibly delaying information about this game?

🤔🤔🤔

We don't even know what this game is.

I would understand being upset if they had already shown some gameplay here and there but they literally only showed one CGI trailer. I'm not too convinced about a 2021 at this point to be honest unless they pull a Fallout and release a few months after showing the gameplay trailer.
It could launch at the end of 2021 if they unveil the game in January~March of next year.
FROM's and Bamco's marketing teams need at very least 6 months to promote the game.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Game was announced in pre production phase and has most likely hit many delays and snags, most of the dev team are probably working on something else with this "earmarked" to be picked up again at some point, which of course it never will unless they think they can make significant cash over say something like Bloodborne 2 or another Dark/Demons souls.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Game was announced in pre production phase and has most likely hit many delays and snags, most of the dev team are probably working on something else with this "earmarked" to be picked up again at some point, which of course it never will unless they think they can make significant cash over say something like Bloodborne 2 or another Dark/Demons souls.

Makes sense but why wouldn't they think this would make Dark Souls money? Same devs, I assume same tried and true gameplay/formula, with I would hope amazing lore/backstory.

Seems to me like a no brainer.

You've got to be joking.
Elden Ring is going ro be FROM's biggest title (it could easily sell even more than Dark Souls 3) and I'm sure most of the studio is working on it.

Also, do you seriously think that Bandai Namco would let them sideline this project for something else? C'mon, man!

Elios83

Seems like going full open world and waiting for Martin to do his part of the job has created big challenges....I hope for the best....

Last edited:
Those of us waiting for SMT V literally waited for THREE years between trailers. Even now we've seen ZERO game footage and the game is supposed to be coming out next year.

You guys have only waited a year and half. You bitches can suck it up.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Seems like going full open world and waiting for Martin to do his part of the job has created big challenges....I hope for the best....
Martin just did background lore work. General world building stuff that sort of thing. They aren't waiting on him anymore lol as he is more than likely simply no longer involved at this stage.

It's probably just heavily in development, trying to polish it to a sheen (as they always do) before release next year or early 2022.

LarknThe4th

It's a tiny bit concerning that we have seen nothing since reveal, but I will put it down to them wanting to re reveal it current gen only with a big publishing blitz up to its release

iorek21

I think everybody should chill out about this game.

Just look at Cyberpunk and its hype, what good did it do?

Too much expectations always spoils stuff

jakinov

It started development in early 2017, it was announced in June 2019. That's more than two years in, not exactly "early development". They even went so far as to give a 2020 release window, so it's pretty obvious they intended for it to be around two thirds of the way done already, and were planning for 3.5-4 years development cycle; which incidentally is on the long end for From Software (most titles took less than 3 years, only Sekiro was in development for around 3.5 years), but it would make sense for what they defined their largest and most ambitious game ever.

We're about to enter the fourth year of development, and the fact they still say absolutely nothing means this is not releasing until late 2021 at the earliest. There was obviously a later shift in plans due to issues, changes in the project or both.

"Early development'" was probably a poor choice a words but my point is that game nowadays aren't going to shown until closer to when it comes out. I don't remember the timeline of anything I just know OP complained that they got no new info for "2 years".

sackings

How so? They haven’t even shown gameplay.

True, I just meant in terms of what the game design was going to be. Open world with world events happening. It seemed like they were planning for the scope of the game to be much larger than their games usually are, which are corridors.

Dynasty8

The game was only announced a year and a half ago. That's nothing in this current climate where some games are in development for 5+ years...

Fuck it, I'd rather wait longer and experience the best and most ambitious title FS has to offer.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
The game was only announced a year and a half ago. That's nothing in this current climate where some games are in development for 5+ years...

Fuck it, I'd rather wait longer and experience the best and most ambitious title FS has to offer.

From Wikipedia: Development of Sekiro began in late 2015. Revealed in December 2017. Gameplay trailer: E3/ 2018. Released in March 2019.

Development of Elden Ring began in early 2017. Revealed in June 2019. Gameplay trailer: Release date:

They say it's much more bigger and complex than Sekiro but you can't deny the pattern here. They could give us something at this point.

Top Bottom