• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If someone wanted to jump back to final fantasy 15, what would be your advice to make fun and worth it?

Vognerful

Weird question but I keep thinking that I never got to beat that game. I played for a while when it first released but did not go far. When I got my series x, I didn't remember what I was supposed to do and couldn't feel like playing it.

I am considering playing it on PC (royal edition) and want your opinion or advice on whether it is worth playing it till the end with all side bosses or summons, and what mistakes that I should avoid so that I don't ruin the experience for me.

Appreciate your comments.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
To a person interested in playing FFXV my advice would be play 16 or ff7r instead. Not worth your time 😂
You played them already? Play another entry then you skipped. Ff15 is probably my least favourite Ff entry since ff2.
Horrible piece of crap.

But if you really really want to play it hold the attack button and finish it. Brainless entertainment.

That’s all the advice I can give. Also Kingslaive is the better ff15 and last under 2 hours.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Vognerful

To a person interested in playing FFXV my advice would be play 16 or ff7r instead. Not worth your time 😂
You played them already? Play another entry then you skipped. Ff15 is probably my least favourite Ff entry since ff2.
Horrible piece of crap.

But if you really really want to play it hold the attack button and finish it. Brainless entertainment.

That’s all the advice I can give. Also Kingslaive is the better ff15 and last under 2 hours.

Enjoy!
Don't have a PS5, and somehow ff7r didn't grasp me for too long. I even can't remember where I stopped in the game because I felt like it is more like a job than having fun.

Ar¢tos

What was really fun and worth it was deleting it after spending 3h playing it and moving to another game worth of my time!

Don't have a PS5, and somehow ff7r didn't grasp me for too long. I even can't remember where I stopped in the game because I felt like it is more like a job than having fun.
If FF7R felt like a job. FF15 will feel like being chained breaking rocks at the mines.

Last edited:

WX3

I played the game while snorting adderall and that really helped for the six days straight that I stayed up and played it. I've since gone to rehab in 2019 and have always thought with almost five years of clean time under my belt now, would I have ever played more than an hour of the sumbitch otherwise?

Sleepwalker

I played the game while snorting adderall and that really helped for the six days straight that I stayed up and played it. I've since gone to rehab in 2019 and have always thought with almost five years of clean time under my belt now, would I have ever played more than an hour of the sumbitch otherwise?
That sounds super rough, glad youre doing better.

I too am curious about 15 op but ill prolly just watch the movie and a cutscene compilation then call it a day.

PeteBull

As a person who played FF15 at launch/beat it including bonus content/secret dungeons etc(back then it took 120h but after patches game is even bigger so expect to spend there even more time)- just do it, its pretty fun, if u are hyped- dont listen to naysayers, even now game doesnt look bad even on base ps4, not to mention ps5, https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xv personally as FF series fan(atic;p) it was easily 9/10 game for me but ofc im biased ;)

manzo

I enjoyed FF15 by just taking my time. I played the sidequests, looked around and kept out of the main quests as long as possible.

The game outside the main story is excellent. A lot of enjoyable scenery and stuff to do. I don’t remember ANYTHING from the main story except the main story missions were boring as shit except some cool setpieces.

Note that I don’t like open world games too much. However, FF15 had a lot more charm in the open world than your normal AssCreeds.

The latter half when you see that the budget is about to run out and you’re going in rails through some weird story pieces, you can turn the game off. Basically near the end I just started skipping cutscenes. The story is absolute trash and so fucking incomplete that it’s not worth a minute.

And others saying about FF7r being tedious, it fucking was. A 4 hour game stretched to 30 hours. It was a slog to play it through.

FF15 is definitely worth a playthrough, especially the royal edition with the extra episodes included (Episode Ignis and Ardyn being the best ones). I played FF15 v1.0 and thoroughly enjoyed it, and I revisited a few years later and was pleasantly surprised by the new additions.

My biggest tip if you play the Royal Edition would be to NOT use any of the weapons you already have in your inventory at the start of the game because they will make the entire playthrough overly easy. Specifically Ragnarok.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It’s one of my fav games. It’s so damn good and under appreciated.

Disable nvidia shadow libs since it’s broken and the game will slow down to a crawl if camera is too close to your back.

I’ve also disabled assets option since I don’t like the new grass. There is too much of it.
I then also disabled nvidia turf because it changes grass to this new bending grass and that’s nice but the grass looks out of place.

Last edited:

Pejo

It's an ok game on its own, but a lot of it was stripped/forogotten/reworked and sold in other mediums, such as a movie etc. If you want to enjoy it, just play it for the game part and (mostly) ignore the story. It felt like 12 tech demos glued together.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
As a person who played FF15 at launch/beat it including bonus content/secret dungeons etc(back then it took 120h but after patches game is even bigger so expect to spend there even more time)- just do it, its pretty fun, if u are hyped- dont listen to naysayers, even now game doesnt look bad even on base ps4, not to mention ps5, https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xv personally as FF series fan(atic;p) it was easily 9/10 game for me but ofc im biased ;)
I only finished royal on pc but also got the base original ps4 release which I am consider playing to consider.
As I understand royal just pads the insomnia ruins and adds some bosses.

Pejo

just watch it on youtube and be done with it. Playing the game is a waste of time.
I'd argue the Ifrit fight itself was one of the coolest dynamic music implementations of in all of gaming outside of Metal Gear Rising. I know it's a lot of game to get there, but that fight left a mark on me.

Buggy Loop

ron burgundy GIF

For real? Reads like a copypasta

Rle
Weird question but I keep thinking that I never got to beat that game. I played for a while when it first released but did not go far. When I got my series x, I didn't remember what I was supposed to do and couldn't feel like playing it.

I am considering playing it on PC (royal edition) and want your opinion or advice on whether it is worth playing it till the end with all side bosses or summons, and what mistakes that I should avoid so that I don't ruin the experience for me.

Relax and have fun on the road with your bros. Criminally underrated game. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Get the royal edition. Claim the Ragnarok sword, put all your AP into warp strikes, and warp strike everything from as far as you can.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Find the best hotels to rest hat which give you the biggest exp boost when resting (use guides if needed, no harm). Bank your exp as much as you can until you do that.

I was level 100 somewhere around mid-game.

Last edited:
FF XV is a better game than FF XVI. At least Noctis and his three goons have personality and unique abilities. Don't feel the burning desire of FOMO for XVI, it isn't very good and once the hype does down I'm sure others will feel the same. This board turned on GoW Ragnarok and it'll happen again.

Launch FF XV is a different game from what it is today. To do everything in the main game takes like 100 hours or so. I've never played the DLC but will be going back to it soon to do so.

scydrex

Do yourself a favor and don't play that piece of crap. I still ask myself why did i played that garbage? One of the worst game i have played. Hated that game to my guts. If you want to see the story watch it on YouTube.

Tazzu

Good thread. I stopped just after when the open world but ends. It was fun but nothing special, how much will I like the rest of the game? I have all the DLC and enjoyed FFX and XIII a lot.

Freeman76

Horrible piece of crap.

Enjoy!
You call 15 brainless entertainment yet recommend 16, makes no sense at all. 16 is literally mash buttons, watch a cutscene, mash more buttons, complete game. Literally nothing else to it, the most brainless game I've played in a long time.

OP have you got the Royal Edition? The DLC fleshes it out a bit and they added a few extra things into the main game since release as well.

SilverLeaf

Neo Member
My advice is stick to the story if the game isn't keeping your attention. My wife became obsessed with doing every little side quest as soon as it was available, many of which were trivial fetch quests, and after becoming sidetracked for I don't know how many hours/days she lost interest in finishing the game. She was really into it until she became sidetracked. Some of the side quests are worth doing, but many of them won't add much to your experience. No harm in skipping them or at least saving them for later.

35cent

You can make it more fun by writing 'Final Fantasy XV' on the box of a better game and playing that or hitting your head against a wall until you think it's a good game.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

If you played it around the time it released, it was so much better after a year or so. They patched it and the resolution and frame rate were both much better. They also patched some other things that I won’t talk about because there are some spoilers. I heard the dlc is pretty solid but I personally never got a chance to check them out.

Certinty

I actually enjoyed the open world part. The side quests were repetitive and the combat is serviceable at best but it was fun and beautiful to explore.

The rest of the game though isn’t just bad, it’s horrible.

So yeah, I would say to just avoid it.

Vognerful

You call 15 brainless entertainment yet recommend 16, makes no sense at all. 16 is literally mash buttons, watch a cutscene, mash more buttons, complete game. Literally nothing else to it, the most brainless game I've played in a long time.

OP have you got the Royal Edition? The DLC fleshes it out a bit and they added a few extra things into the main game since release as well.
I am planning to get it on pc, but someone said that it includes stuff like OP weapons. is it true?

Vognerful

1 more question:

previous FF titles like 10 and 12 had summons and side bosses with side quests that you can beat. Is there a list of summons that you can beat and acquire in the game?

Sethbacca

I tried to play it again before FF16 dropped and it just feels so boring. That and the loading time, holy monkey. I really wish they'd patch every single ps4 game to allow for the advantages of the ssd load times, it's just brutal going back to that from games that load in a second.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Dude if you want to play it just play it. Make sure to watch the Kingsglaive movie first, it gives you a lot of important info leading up to the game (plus has lots of eye candy)

It’s a flawed game but I still enjoyed my experience with it. Don’t let the haters scare you off.

I hate open world, roadtrip and i completely hate the so call bros. It is like why should I care for any of them? People claim Luna is a strong character and we all see how THAT went. However, to peopel who like "those" "things", they might find the game.... acceptable.

Last edited:

Brock2621

I actually want to do this as well. I never finished it upon release on PS4.

I actually need to know the order to consume all the peripheral material to get the full story without spoiling myself by doing them out of order.

Top Bottom