• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If someone wanted to jump back to final fantasy 15, what would be your advice to make fun and worth it?

cireza

So I found this, can anyone attest?
oM3Sdke.jpg
Played this at launch, and didn't need anything else. Had a blast, and the story was perfectly fine.

71Pu45W-e6L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Rickyiez

Why would you wanted to play something that is utter garbage. There are more fun things to do in life like throwing frisbee

Rodolink

The DLCs are better, the original game's story had so much potential but was thrown though the drain in the latter half.
I would still play it but shallowly just the story, no side quests and no deep gameplay, just drive around casually and go through it till the end.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Honest advice, watch Kingsglaive and play the Royal edition. That's "as much as you're going to get," out of FFXV. There's tons of other shit, but it's the type of shit for people who already love the universe, not shit to GET people to love the universe. Make It simple, and if you want to branch out from there, do so.

NT80

I played the Royal Edition on PC and enjoyed it. Amazing graphics helped out and the story once you get the complete picture I think is really good. The game didn't feel easy to me. I don't know if the made it harder in the later updates or I was doing something wrong. There were also times when I'd stumble on much higher level enemies that would feel impossible.

It has it's low points but overall I thought it was good and looked beautiful on PC maxed out. The book was good too but it's unfortunate the whole story was not contained in the game itself.

NahaNago

I plan to jump back onto this game in about a month or so. I have a few more games I want to finish before going back to it. Unfortunately, I left after the open world area is over. First I will finish FF16, then finish hogwarts legacy, then finish ff7r, and then jump back on to this game. I'm like at 50% and above for all of these games. I just tend to lose interest after playing for so long or the game no longer grabs me but I want to finish the story.

I do wonder if I should do a fresh run with all of the dlc I never bought originally for ff15. Plus that game was released ages ago.

Sleepwalker

I decided to give it a go, im like 10 hours in, chapter 5 or 6 iirc. I watched Kingslaive already and get the general picture but its still a bit meh so far.

The open world and sidequests suck
The characters are not really that interesting yet despite the added context
The driving sucks
The day night cycle so far is only there to make you rest at night otherwise you cant do shit without running into some level 50 mob
The combat is not great.

The game does look great at 3440x1440p ultra running at 120fps or near. I also played some at 40fps on the steam deck mostly at medium settings.(not a bad way to play at all)

kiphalfton

Gold Member
Game can't be salvaged ANYMORE.

The only saving grace was the mod tool, and Square Enix decided to be assholes and not release it.

Even the additional episodes that were slated for release were cancelled.

Game is a true tragedy.

Top Bottom