• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN’s Top 100 RPGs

snap0212

The list is obviously shit, everyone's absolutely wrong and my opinion is far superior to the one IGN's editors have.

Aeana

This is what happens when you have a genre as diverse as "RPG." Many of the games are so dramatically different from each other, and people have widely varying tastes, so stuff could end up all over the spectrum.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Fire Emblem at 83.

I'm already done with this shit.

Jarmel

Banned
Top 10 predictions:

10.Fallout 3
9.Oblivion
8.Mass Effect 1
7.Pokemon
6.Planetscape 2
5.KOTOR
4.FFVII
3.Skyrim
2.Chrono Trigger
1.Mass Effect 2

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Final Fantasy IX at 88 is a joke.

Also, Faxanadu better be top 20.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
What the hell - Final Fantasy VIII and Persona 4 in depthS of Diablo III

Zekes!

I'm preparing to punch somebody in the throat when this happens. IX should be in top 10. Xenoblade better be in at least the top like 3 or something.

Xenoblade def isn't going to be in the top 10 and as good as it is I wouldn't say it's a top 10 RPG anyways

SerRodrik

Is there any purpose behind these lists other than stirring up shit and page clicks?

Top 10 predictions:

10.Fallout 3
9.Oblivion
8.Mass Effect 1
7.Paper Mario RPG
6.Planetscape 2
5.Baldur's Gate 2
4.FFVII
3.Skyrim
2.Chrono Trigger
1.Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 1 is listed too high. It's not enough of a third person shooter to make IGN's list of RPGs.

Sentenza

I don't have much to complain so far.
Not one of the games listed so far means much to me and with such a huge list deciding the correct order of anything above the top 30 is pretty arbitrary.

But I'm probably going to freak out for the top 20, because I *know* they are going to list crap like FFVII or Mass Effect in the top spots, instead of Baldur's gate 2, Torment, Ultima VII, Underworld or Darklands.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is what happens when you have a genre as diverse as "RPG." Many of the games are so dramatically different from each other, and people have widely varying tastes, so stuff could end up all over the spectrum.

I've LOVE you to do a top 100 RPGs.

piotr47

Banned
http://uk.ign.com/top/rpgs

Because debating over lists is fun.

100 - Ys Book I & II
99 - Lunar: Eternal Blue
98 - Shadow Hearts: Covenant
97 - Final Fantasy VIII
96 - Phantasy Star
95 - The Legend of Dragoon

94 - Vagrant Story

93 – Tales of Phatansia
92 - Diablo III
91 - Fable II
90 - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
89 - Fallout: New Vegas
88- Final Fantasy IX
87 - Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
86 - Shadowrun
85 - Breath of Fire III
84 - Kingdom Hearts
83 - Fire Emblem
82 - Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
81 - Dragon Warrior VII

I will have to disagree with FF IX being so low, that game is top 10 for me.

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

You can die IGN.............. You cans suffer and die..............

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

I tend to treat RPG top 100 lists as "if your favorite RPG is there, it's a good-to-decent game no matter what the ranking is".

Hargenx

I never played more than the beginning of New Vegas for just one drive-out reason...

new_vegas.jpg

Really, this thing is just uterelly stupid.

GCX

Doing a top 100 about anything is such a waste of time if it's no based on a poll or something.

I mean how do you determine whether some game should be number 87 or 88?

At least it's not GameTrailers, or MW2 would be in the Top 10.

I never played more than the beginning of New Vegas for just one drive-out reason...

new_vegas.jpg

Really, this thing is just uterelly stupid.

Congratulations, you missed out on the best RPG of the generation.

This thread is another impending graveyard, especially with so many inferior games and weird orders. Abandon ship if you value your neogaf gold account.

Tratorn

They only released 80-100 and it's already clear that this list sucks.

Especially FFIX, FFVIII & Vagrant Story should be way higher.

Top Bottom