• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN’s Top 100 RPGs

Sentenza

Doing a top 100 about anything is such a waste of time if it's no based on a poll or something.
It's a waste of time even when based on a poll. It usually becomes a popularity contest and any critic evaluation about the actually quality of each game becomes pointless.

Top 10 predictions:

10.Fallout 3
9.Oblivion
8.Mass Effect 1
7.Pokemon
6.Planetscape 2
5.KOTOR
4.FFVII
3.Skyrim
2.Chrono Trigger
1.Mass Effect 2

You mean Planescape Torment? And you're missing Ultima 7, Diablo 2, and Fallout from the list. You put a lot of stock in Bethesda, eh? Baldurs Gate 2 will be #1. ME2 is not in the top 10

ultron87

I don't think those actually exist.

1z2gjkg.gif

Jarmel

Banned
You mean Planescape Torment? And you're missing Ultima 7, Diablo 2, and Fallout from the list. You put a lot of stock in Bethesda, eh? Baldurs Gate 2 will be #1. ME2 is not in the top 10

You seriously think any of those will be in the top #10?

lolololol

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Horrible list already, anyway my top 5 would look like this.

1. Planescape Torment.
2. Vagrant Story.
3. Baldur's Gate 2
4. Tactics Ogre
5. Chrono Trigger

Edit: whoops typed Ogre Battle

I've LOVE you to do a top 100 RPGs.

I don't know that poster, but there's no way to do a worse job than ign has already.

The choices and placing are all so bizarre it has to be random.

Didn't GAF make a top rpgs list already? Complete with explanations? I had issues with it but it was Shakespeare compared to this

ME2 better come before ME1; its got all the story problems 3 had, I really don't know why 3 suddenly 'surprises' people.

Anyways as not too big an RPG player that bit of the list doesn't say much to me, (top 100 lists are tedious and having such a wide range makes it hard to be fair when your discussing if something is 99 or 100) but am looking forward to the end!

Hargenx

I couldn't get into New Vegas neither, because it takes as baggage everything I hated about Fallout 3... But that's a damn stupid reason to skip it entirely.

Man if a game begin so idiotic, there is no reason to continue...Lucky I learned my lesson, I don't like Fallout 3 and I played allot of it before stop, and NV was stupid from the very beginning, sadly, and look I love The Elder Scroll series, and I love Fallout 1 and 2.

ME2 better come before ME1; its got all the story problems 3 had, I really don't know why 3 suddenly 'surprises' people.

Anyways as not too big an RPG player that bit of the list doesn't say much to me, (top 100 lists are tedious and having such a wide range makes it hard to be fair when your discussing if something is 99 or 100) but am looking forward to the end!

The list makes no sense. Legend of Dragoon was derivative nonsense. Vagrant story was one of the most innovative and technically impressive games on it's platform, with a narrative so strong it was commonly referred to as medieval gear solid. It was one of the first games to earn a perfect score in famitsu when that actually meant something. My head is exploding trying to figure out how they ranked those two as equivalent.

Mario007

I think it's him predicting what IGN will pick rather than what are the top 10 rpg games. Because if it is the former, IGN will most definitely pick M2 as #1...cause clearly that game is an RPG and a good one at that...

What? 2 of the best rpg's(FF8, LoD) are ranked so low? Xenogears, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Shadow Hearts FF6toFF10 better be in Top 20 now.

Almighty

Man if a game begin so idiotic, there is no reason to continue...Lucky I learned my lesson, I don't like Fallout 3 and I played allot of it before stop, and NV was stupid from the very beginning, sadly, and look I love The Elder Scroll series, and I love Fallout 1 and 2.

Something that minor and inconsequential was enough to put you off on a whole game? Really? Surely there has to be more then just that? If not then damn.

Sentenza

As I said I couldn't stand Fallout 3 and that stopped me from playing New Vegas too.
But it's very common knowledge that the latter has very good writing, so throwing a fuss for something that happens in the first two minutes of the game as a poor excuse to give to the player his user interface strikes me like very silly, just to be completely honest.

If you were telling me that you hate how both FO3 and New Vegas play, I wouldn't make half objection. But "I can't play it because that thing in the first minute is stupid" is... I don't know, stupid itself?

Top Bottom