• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Which Controller Is Right For You?

8BiTw0LF

Banned
7jrS8uP.jpg
aY1G9SN.jpg

Custom DualSense with ExtremeRate Rise4 paddles, ExtremeRate Hair Triggers and Bumpers, Hisewen 4000mAh battery, Long sticks.

Perfect for FPS and long sessions.

Chukhopops

I've got an elite 2 and I can/will never go back.

After the initial growing pains, and it really sinks in, it's the superior experience on a console controller!

qgosuAK.gif
Got my Design Lab Elite Series 2 and it’s just flawless so far between the d-pad, back paddles, customizable triggers and the general bulky feel.

Just be patient as it takes forever to deliver.

Buggy Loop

Apparently only the higher priced bluetooth version (with Nintendo layout) has the Hall effect. I was under impression they both did, but that is not the case. I have both versions and frankly even the non-HE version is better than anything else out there, imo.

You have both, do you use the switch layout one on PC sometimes? How are button prompts since they’re reversed from Xbox?

RickMasters

Yes, I love that 8bitdo controller. But my favourite is this Razer chroma v2 ultimate. I find it hard to go back to anything else after getting used to the super responsive face buttons on this. My "dream controller" would have elite 2's weight, back paddels and battery time and razer chromas responsive buttons and build quality. All my elite 2 controllers have had unresponsive and faulty face buttons.
lmcJF69.jpg
I been looking at one of these...but I think im just being tempted by the LEDs.. Its a cool looking controller.

Topher

Gold Member
You have both, do you use the switch layout one on PC sometimes? How are button prompts since they’re reversed from Xbox?

Depends on each game. Hogwarts, for example, shows prompts the same when using the Xbox layout or the Nintendo layout. The software they give you allows you to remap the buttons completely, however, so it hasn't been a problem. You can save three different profiles in the controller itself so just swap up the profiles however you need. Works extremely well.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

I been looking at one of these...but I think im just being tempted by the LEDs.. Its a cool looking controller.
Yeah, it's great looking. But it also feels very good, and those super responsive buttons are fantastic.
My only complaint is the back paddels, which I would love to be excatly like the ones on the elite 2.
Also, its wired only which I guess is a no-go for many, especially for such a premium priced controller.

FrankWza

7jrS8uP.jpg
aY1G9SN.jpg

Custom DualSense with ExtremeRate Rise4 paddles, ExtremeRate Hair Triggers and Bumpers, Hisewen 4000mAh battery, Long sticks.

Perfect for FPS and long sessions.
Have almost the exact setup but with different stick grips and a controller grip. Rise 4 has great button placement for me.

RickMasters

Yeah, it's great looking. But it also feels very good, and those super responsive buttons are fantastic.
My only complaint is the back paddels, which I would love to be excatly like the ones on the elite 2.
Also, its wired only which I guess is a no-go for many, especially for such a premium priced controller.
Wired? Would probably buy it for my PC, but then that new ASUS one looks quality aswell for the same kind of money. but that razer wolverine is sexy, in white. I think I want to just add one to my collection at some point. along with the ASUS xbox controller.

GymWolf

Nacon revolution pro v2 was the best i ever used (triggers were me tho)

Mostly because it's big and weighty.

Top Bottom