• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ikai - Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ikai is a first-person psychological horror game drawing inspiration from Japanese folklore. Live the horror by the hand of its defining yokai and submerge into the superstitions of the past driven by a unique story and exploration.

Ikai embodies the spirit of the classical psychological horror genre with a defenseless main character incapable of attacking the evil creatures. However, it explores a new sense of horror by making the player face the threats directly neither fleeing nor attacking.
Every mechanic of the game is meant to raise this relatable feeling of helplessness and create a tense atmosphere. The slow, precise and natural movements as a way of interaction resemble real life’s to foster immersion in the uncanny world of Ikai.

Launching October 2021 for PC and consoles.

Interesting.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Could this be... a trailer with correct black/gamma levels in a sea of incorrectly presented youtube videos?!

praise him steve harvey GIF

Disclaimer: Its still day here and I haven't watched it in the dark yet to see the actual black level lol but it looks great rn.

sublimit

Banned
Hope this is not another first person jump-scare fest and there's some actual work behind it in terms of gameplay,story and atmosphere.

I love the setting but the first person camera puts me off.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ikai is a first-person psychological horror game drawing inspiration from Japanese folklore. Live the horror by the hand of its defining yokais and submerge into the superstitions of the past driven by a unique story and exploration.

Last edited:
Top Bottom