• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ikaruga GET!

Vieo

Found and bought Ikaruga for GCN in a discount games/electronics store around my way for $5 brand new and factory sealed. I don't have a GameCube, but this will go great with my Revolution. In the mean time, I'll just play it on my computer, though it would be nice if I could see those invisible bullets on the second part of the second stage. Meh.

Vieo said:
Found and bought Ikaruga for GCN in a discount games/electronics store around my way for $5 brand new and factory sealed. I don't have a GameCube, but this will go great with my Revolution. In the mean time, I'll just play it on my computer, though it would be nice if I could see those invisible bullets on the second part of the second stage. Meh.

WHERE IS YOUR WAY

HOW DO I GET AROUND IT

My co-workers at the videogame store I work at all hate this game because "it doesn't have any fucking weapon upgrades."

I tell them they're completely missing the point, but they don't listen.

mrpeabody said:
Go back to livejournal. Forums are for posting things that other people might conceivably care about.

HAHAHAHAHA, that livejournal joke never gets old. Perhaps we should fax it over to Jay Leno so he can incorporate it into his always fresh and relevant monologue, featuring a one-two hilarity combination of Michael Jackson's sexuality and Robert Downey Jr's drug abuse problems.

Glad to hear another person's giving the lovely Ikaruga a shot.

The End

shinokou said:
My co-workers at the videogame store I work at all hate this game because "it doesn't have any fucking weapon upgrades."

I tell them they're completely missing the point, but they don't listen.

You need to beat it without firing a shot just to spite them.

FiRez

Giga Wing 2 is far better at least for me, but if you bought the GC version you don't have many choices in this genre.

mosaic

go eat paint
Ikaruga is the only God damned Game Cube game I ever play. The Zeldas, the Metroids, the Mario Kart--they only lasted a week or two. Meanwhile, Treasure's under-appreciated shmup has sent as much time in the disc tray as the GB Player disc has.

Hey, Treasure--feel free to port Ikaruga to the PSP (with a 'tate mode).

shuri

Banned
I cant find Ikaruga GC for a decent price. I own the original dc imports damnit but my dc is in storage :(

Ikaruga is deffinetly in my top 5 at the lowest top 10 for vertical shooters I love the game

snatched it up the day it came out here

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
IkarugaBox.jpg

I had to post it. :lol

Good luck with Ikaruga. Hope you have a good memory. :)

GaimeGuy said:
Good luck with Ikaruga. Hope you have a good memory. :)

'Aint that the truth! This game kicked my butt so many times and I kept coming back for more. It is one of my favorite games on the GameCube (I never had a Dreamcast, does that make me evil here?) by far.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Here's my question: what shmups are better than Ikaruga, or at least comparable in quality? I've only played a few so I want to check out the very best in the genre :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
SnowWolf said:
Here's my question: what shmups are better than Ikaruga, or at least comparable in quality? I've only played a few so I want to check out the very best in the genre :)

i'm no expert on the genre, but gradius V is killer

mosaic

go eat paint
SnowWolf said:
Check out Esp.Ra.De and Guwange

mrpeabody

OpinionatedCyborg said:
HAHAHAHAHA, that livejournal joke never gets old.
It wasn't a joke. "Dear diary: I bought a game today." No opinions, no questions, he didn't even play it. That's the definition of a worthless thread.

On the other hand, it seems to be going places now.

SnowWolf said:

most of the games from cave

check out (if you can import or through mame for some of them )

Do Don Pachi
Do Don Pachi DaiJou (spelling i forget off hand)
ESP Ra.De.
ESP Galuda

those 4 + Ikaruga are probably on most days my top 5 for shumps

Ulthwe

Could someone tell me of any online store that still carries it?. I'm from Europe but I'd like to buy the US version, 60hz and (for the first time EVER) a better boxart than its jap/eur counterpart.
Just give me the url, I'll check the sites myself.

dbish

Ulthwe said:
Could someone tell me of any online store that still carries it?. I'm from Europe but I'd like to buy the US version, 60hz and (for the first time EVER) a better boxart than its jap/eur counterpart.
Just give me the url, I'll check the sites myself.

Yeah, if you can ignore the obnoxious ign quote...ugh...ruining my beautiful box art..

Ash Housewares

The Mountain Jew
mrpeabody said:
It wasn't a joke. "Dear diary: I bought a game today." No opinions, no questions, he didn't even play it. That's the definition of a worthless thread.

On the other hand, it seems to be going places now.

perhaps one should consider the value of giving a meaningless reply to a meaningless post next time

FROTH ON!!!

umm, I didn't really like Ikaruga, it seemed built around cramming you into tight spaces moreso than buzzing around dodging a jillion bullets like in Raiden

Top Bottom