• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

incubus is tight

teezzy

Banned

been adding a ton of Incubus into my daily rotation. usually during morning drives to work and my regular bubblebaths

they're tight. mix in well with my usual rotation of Deftones, Chevelle, and Smashing Pumpkins

i love both their more modern alt rock anthem sound and their more old school like nu metal RHCP vibez

whats your favorite Incubus song or album?

teezzy

Banned
This you?

maybe.

this you?

80aeb51bbc06df80ab8167f7ad660029--funny-guys-haha-funny.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I saw them on the tour for their first album way back. Far was opening up. $5 show. Never heard of either band. The singer had dreads down to the middle of his back. We were blown away by both bands.

Durien

I think they are "ok". I saw them open for Pantera and Black Sabbath and I felt bad for them because they sounded horrible. You couldn't understand what they were saying and it just sounded literally like noise. (The rest of the show was fantastic)

Remember Hoobastank? The Incubus ripoff band? Man, weren't they terrible?
my friend was a huge hoobastank fan and he tried so hard to get me into them. i heard one song of theirs (can't remember the name of it EDIT: it was "The Reason") and with such a stupid band name i couldn't take them seriously.

despite him liking Hoobastank he actually had quite good taste in music. he got me into Green Day, Linkin Park, & Nirvana so i forgive him.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Is it not "Incubus are tight"?

Either way this was an anthem for me and my long distance girlfriend when we were quasi-emo teenagers

Romulus

My favorite band. Early 2000s was some special. Incubus got me playing guitar too. Mike is a beast.

Last edited:

Gameboy415

I was a huge Incubus fan back in my High School/College days but haven't really kept up with them since A Crow Left of the Murder.
S.C.I.E.N.C.E. & Make Yourself are still some of my all-time favorite albums though!

teezzy

Banned
Is it not "Incubus are tight"?

Either way this was an anthem for me and my long distance girlfriend when we were quasi-emo teenagers

As a Tool/Incubus fan, I'm curious what other bands you dig. I'm always looking for something new

Ever try Soen?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
As a Tool/Incubus fan, I'm curious what other bands you dig. I'm always looking for something new

Ever try Soen?

Yeah I've listened to some Soen, maybe the closest thing to Tool although obviously nothing is like Tool. Maybe try Panopticon by Isis, Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree. Gavin from PC is a hell of a drummer.

Listening to Mastodon recently in terms of hard rock, other than that my tastes bounce all over the place!

teezzy

Banned
AV AV

Yeah Mastodon and Isis are two I'm largely familiar with. Always meant to get into Porcupine Tree. I've heard awesome things. No idea where to start

One band which totally swept me sideways recently was Intronaut

Hmm

Top Bottom