• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intellivision Lives!

After chatting about intellivision with you guys the other day
I decided to pick up Intellivision Lives! for the PS2.

It's pretty sweet and alot better than I expected. Especially considering the difference in controller. All the games I've tried are playable. It just takes a minute to relearn the controls.
I've been playing some Utopia, Poker and Blackjack, Sea Battle,
Can't believe how well these games have held up.

But some of my favorite games like AD&D and Ice Trek are missing!
Anyone know if Intellivision Rocks is coming out for PS2?

I'm getting into these older game collections. I don't believe in modding a system and MAME on the PC just doesn't really do it for me. I prefer the TV / Console.

I own the Activision Anthology, Intellivision Lives, Midway Arcade Treasures, and Namco Museum. I hope more companies put out these collections. I'll get whatever is available on Xbox Live arcade as well.

I'm getting into the collections lately too. It's especially nice having them installed on the PS2 HD.

I dont understand why they have Intellivision Rocks out for PC and not the PS2.

It's so much better on consoles.

I play emulators sometimes but the collections at least this one is so much better.

Every game has the instructions and overlay and original boxart. Even has a blurb about the history. And the music rocks too.

Definitely worth paying 14 bucks. No question about it.

There's no AI in Utopia. You can play by yourself but the only challenge will be avoiding pirate ships and tornados.

It's like 10x better with 2 people.

LakeEarth

seismologist said:
But some of my favorite games like AD&D and Ice Trek are missing!

Yeah, the game is missing any game with a license (Tron : Deadly Disks ESPECIALLY hurts) and some games where the original publisher still exists, like Activision games (they have their own collection, so if you wanna play Stampede, you're gonna have to buy that one too).

But it's an awsome disk. Just has some weird freezing errors if you're accidentally using the second controller instead of the first. And the unreleased games are pretty useless except the Hard Hat one.

But still, Astrosmash and Night Stalker are worth the price of admission.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CrimsonSkies said:
I'm getting into these older game collections. I don't believe in modding a system and MAME on the PC just doesn't really do it for me. I prefer the TV / Console.

You *REALLY* don't know how much you are missing out on without a modded Xbox. There are so many emulators/games that will never make it out into collections that you can play in arcade perfection, on you TV, with a controller, on a modded system.

Top Bottom