• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interaction Isn't Explicit。- Announcement Trailer | PS5 Games

Free "interactive study" Interaction Isn't Explicit is now available via the PlayStation Store.

Described as a "short, interactive study" by designer Frank L. Silva, Interaction Isn't Explicit "isn't a traditional game but a debate of different aspects of game design" that aims to explore the "pros and cons" of traditional mechanics and consider which ones are "essential for the language of computer games".
You can see the announcement trailer below, which shows how the interactive piece reflects on the ways we play games, and the visual languages we use to understand them:

"While debating some aspects of game design with some friends, I thought it could be interesting to see if I could put my thoughts into something interactive," Silva explains in the video description. "Figured I might as well publish it, so here's a little trailer for it.

"This isn't a full game, just an interactive essay/study that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to complete."
Silva stresses that the experience "is a piece designed to provide personal practice material for game design (much like a study composition in music) - NOT a full game" but invites players to "explore a visually stunning world accompanied by a simple but effective third-person shooter combat and magnificent music, composed by FRENCH 79".

PS5 owners can give it a go for yourself right now – just head over to the PS Store to download it. There are even trophies available for those who collect 'em.

I was just about to say I'll buy this. But its free? I can live with that. Art style is definitely cool.
Yeah, I just finished it. Cool little study/game that explains in a neat way some of the core principles of game design regarding interactivity.

I'll leave this gif here, maybe it will get others to try it. :p

fRweFKu.gif

Last edited:

Trilobit

The OST is done by French 79. I think this is one of the tracks that is playing throughout specifics moments of the game.

That logo is giving me a weird nostalgia for a time I didn't live in.

---

I'm a sucker for experimental itch.io style games. Some of the best gaming experiences I've had have been with these kinds of short games. Going to check it out tomorrow!

Last edited:
Top Bottom